• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Future of Piedmont at LGA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last week the TD said that they have been shifting flying south to prepare for this deal and now all that flying is going strait back to LGA to cover the slots. Not that the TD has any relevance here as they also blew upgrade smoke up my ass.

Last week the TD said that they have been shifting flying south to prepare for this deal and now all that flying is going strait back to LGA to cover the slots. Not that the TD has any relevance here as they also blew upgrade smoke up my ass.

Reading many of you're previous post do you honestly believe you're upgrade material??? Coincidence??? I think not.

Well that all made sense! Why after reading that do suddenly feel like a M.I.T. Graduate!

Do you mean.....Why after reading that do I suddenly feel like an M.I.T Graduate?

People never cease to amaze me and seem to just lower the bar for humanity with each passing second.

Reading many of you're previous post do you honestly believe you're upgrade material??? Coincidence??? I think not.

Well i do believe being at a regional airline over 5 years qualifies you to try to upgrade...

Maybe I am maybe not but I heard today that they are talking about letting the downgrades come back without putting out a bid to everyone else...

Dont F with me surf your truck is next to mine in the lot!!

Delta and US Airways will divest 12% of the takeoff and landing slots included in a previously-announced slot transfer at New York-LaGuardia and Washington-Reagan National airports. The transfers to four airlines are contingent upon Federal Aviation Administration approval and the subsequent closing of the originally proposed Delta-US Airways transaction, Delta said in a release Monday.

In comments filed with the FAA Monday, Delta said it has reached agreements with AirTran Airways, Spirit Airlines, and WestJet to transfer up to five pairs each of takeoff and landing slots at New York-LaGuardia. In a separate transaction, US Airways has agreed to transfer five pairs of slots at Washington-Reagan National to JetBlue Airways.

AirTran, Spirit, WestJet and JetBlue are each considered limited incumbents or new entrant airlines by the FAA at these airports. In Monday’s filings, the four airlines urged the government to approve the proposed Delta-US Airways slot transaction.

Under Delta and US Airways’ original proposal, US Airways would transfer 125 operating slot pairs to Delta at New York-LaGuardia and Delta would transfer 42 operating slot pairs to US Airways at Washington-Reagan National, Delta’s release said. US Airways also would gain access to São Paulo and Tokyo-Narita.

“As we announced last fall, the additional slots we aim to acquire at LaGuardia would enable us to significantly expand our operation by increasing the number of customers served at each takeoff and landing slot, allow more passengers to travel through New York’s preferred airport each year and preserve or expand service for customers in small- and medium-sized communities throughout New York and the Northeast,” said Gail Grimmett, s.v.p.-New York, said in a memo to employees thanking them for their support. “Upon receiving government approval, we would immediately begin a multimillion dollar construction program at LaGuardia to connect the existing Delta and US Airways terminals and enhance the airport experience for customers.”

With the new six-way agreement, Delta would operate an additional 110 slot pairs at New York-LaGuardia; AirTran, Spirit and WestJet would obtain five slot pairs each at New York-LaGuardia from Delta; US Airways would acquire 37 slot pairs at Washington-Reagan National; JetBlue would gain five slot pairs from US Airways at Washington-Reagan National; and US Airways would gain access to São Paulo and Tokyo.

“Delta has a lot to offer to the New York market,” Gail said. “In the last five years we have boosted our economic impact in the region to more than $13 billion annually, created more than 2,000 new jobs, added more than 30 new international routes and made significant new investments in New York charities and sponsorships. Expanding LaGuardia is another step in positioning Delta as the leading airline in New York City.”

Damn it all to hell...................

HOW is it a good deal to give away 125 slots and only get 30 in return??????????? Sure Sao Paulo is nice but we'll NEVER go to Tokyo! We didnt even bid on the Haneda slots.......

No wonder Doug was so cool with his status quo remark in CLT. He is only good at spewing garbage......

I hope all the rampies quit the day this gets approved!

Latest resources

Back