Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

future of airlink and DConnection carriers....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

The Company uses the ?"Confidential"? information off the pilot-provided RIF to give the FAA disclosure that protects the Company. The pilot incriminates himself, then is BBQed with the information he provided. Somethings are better left unsaid, or the less said, the better, as they say.

Last edited:
SkyWest has 700/900 pay overrides and an ASAP program.

And the last few SKYW CRJ captains that were hired at Delta were removed from their schedules the same day they put their 2 and 3 week notices in - losing an entire months pay.

woops

No regional is worth a d@mn. Lets not turn this into a 'SkyWest is so awesome' thread.

SkyWest has 700/900 pay overrides and an ASAP program.

Pay overrides are an awful way to get paid (takes big money out of your pocket) and ASAP is nothing to brag about.

The mainlines have already undercut the industry leading regional rates to "recapture" the flying.....If we did the same we would be accused of "stealing" flying....There is a double standard.....

I find part of your statement interesting....You imply that the money coming to Skywest will "be used against legacies one day"....can you expound on that?

I don't think anyone could credibly accuse you of stealing permitted outsourced flying. Maybe another outsource ACMI lift provider, but such an accusation could never come credibly from the mainline pilot group if that's what you're implying. You have the right to bid whatever you want for that flying, but the mainline (management and/or pilots) each has the right to bring it back at anytime.

As for the "used against the legacies" I thought that part needed no explanation. Obviously one day Jerry will take his half a billion (more like well over a billion by then) and start his own airline. Like any well funded start up, he will slaughter yields nationwide in an attempt to gain market share before he burns through his cash. I think that is inevitable. His company is a well run, respected company, but like any "growth stock" he will not be content when his regional ACMI outsourced lift plateaus, and it will one day, probably soon. If 90's start leaving, followed by 70's, he will freak and make his move immediately, unless he can rustle up
more mainline partners.

Ditto for Republic. Bedford has delusions of grandeur of running an E190 fleet where he flies his own empty brand filled almost exclusively with mainline code from every legacy (as if that would ever be approoved by mainline pilot groups :laugh: ) but it is his dream.

ACA took 300+ million dollars they built up from Delta and United and used it against them (mostly against United). It was a bloody fight at a tough time, and United was able to crush the rebellion (how it appeared from their point of view) and replace the regional feed almost immediately.

CoEx is trying a similar thing, on a smaller scale, and in less overlapping markets. But they are taking the treasure they hoarded up in the glory days of guaranteed profits from a legacy and are using it on the open market. They are doing it on a much smaller scale than Indy did, with nothing over 50 seats for now, and in thin, creative markets. That's why the competitive response has been minimal thus far. They may or may not succeed in the long run, but in any case if they go hard after CAL or any other legacy for that matter, they will be crushed eventually, but both will bleed in the meantime.

Republic and/or SkyWest, Inc. are next. Maybe this year, maybe next year, or maybe a little later. But both will try eventually. Both are still drunk off of sustained guaranteed profits and exponential growth and bigger and bigger aircraft. First their beloved trend will stop, then go the other way and once that happens the only way they can survive long term is to take their war chests and go for it, despite the massive risks. When they do, they will bleed Delta and United (and USAir and Frontier, etc) but they will eventually be crushed, unless the legacies keep giving them massive growth so that they can build up 2 or 3 billion in savings. Then they may stand a chance, which is reason number 763 why they need to be pulled off the teet of subsidized outsourced large RJ flying sooner than later.

Rumor for us (RAH) is we will be flying as Republic as a codeshare for united and delta. Don't know how the hell that is going to happen but you all know. Rumores are rumors and that 1 is a good one being thrown around.

Hell, why doesnt delta just buy us already and use a DOH integration:D (sarcasm intended)

Rumor for us (RAH) is we will be flying as Republic as a codeshare for united and delta. Don't know how the hell that is going to happen but you all know. Rumores are rumors and that 1 is a good one being thrown around.

Hell, why doesnt delta just buy us already and use a DOH integration:D (sarcasm intended)

I think that's what Bedford desperately wants. He knows his glory days of taking large RJ's as fast as the factory can deliver them are rapidly coming to an end and he wants to go bigger with the aircraft and further diversify how he flies for airlines, because he knows that, long term, his business is at severe risk, with another RFP always being right around the corner, and many RFP's being for current flying, not just growth.

If he tries to fly the E190 and code with UA/DL he will have to get the permission of their pilot groups. I predict he is about 5 to 10 years too late with that strategy, because there is no way mainline pilot groups are going to cave on the E190. Maybe F9 if they get close to liquidation, but that will be it. Even so, the DL and UA pilots would never approve it, so Bedford would have an orphaned aircraft. He has a safety net though. I hear Brazil is looking for some.

Oh I get it! Capture the flying now and get the pay rates up later right? Looks like you guys fell for this one hook line and sinker. How embarrassing for you. Everyone has given Skywest so much crap for flying 70's for 50 seat pay. You guys have gotten a free pass from people because you are ALPA. Enjoy those 900's ya whores.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

The pilots at Pinnacle:

1) Had no say in the company acquiring larger equipment

2) Are in arbitration for pay rates for the 900 that will include full back pay.

3) Regardless of what the arbitrator decides, will negotiate a pay rate on their next contract.

4) Voted 99.39% to strike if necessary to get a decent contract.

TurboAWD

And the last few SKYW CRJ captains that were hired at Delta were removed from their schedules the same day they put their 2 and 3 week notices in - losing an entire months pay.

woops

No regional is worth a d@mn. Lets not turn this into a 'SkyWest is so awesome' thread.

Not true!!! (how do I know?) Because I DO!!;)

Of course I want my PIC time. My PIC time won't look good on someone else's resume, would it?

Looking at this career from the bottom up, it seems pretty clear that it's far better to be at one of the carriers that contracts out feed, than at one of the carriers that provides feed. quote]

Let's see? SkyWest had to buy ASA to get Delta to sign a deal with them...

Air Wisconsin had to invest how much into US Air when the United music stopped...

I would say Comair, Mesaba, and Compass are all goint to do just fine. After all they are worth much more after they are built up and sold then when they are in your SkyWest's position...After all didn't Delta have to come up with another 9 million last quarter to cover your contract with them? How much extra did NWA have to come up with to cover the Mesaba and Compass flying...That should answer who stays and who goes...

If he tries to fly the E190 and code with UA/DL he will have to get the permission of their pilot groups.

Are you sure about that? If he paints them up as "Republic Airlines" and sells his own seats, what's stopping him from starting a code share with UA? I don't think the UA pilots got a say in whether or not UA code shares with US, LH, or anyone else not painted in UAX colors.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back