• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Future AMR/B6 timeline....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yea, there was one recently that had that sort of tone, ill dig and see if I can find it.

Here it is, Quarterly Financial Report for Q4 and Year-End 2011, Corporate Communications, sent 1/26/12:

Capacity is down in large part because of bankruptcies and merger and acquisition (M&A) activity. For our part, we are content to benefit from the decreased capacity while building our business through organic growth. Remember that while we are not immune to M&A activity, we have no interest in participating. It’s our intention to grow JetBlue “organically” — meaning, with our own metal, our own people, and our own strategy. That doesn't mean others might not be interested in us, though! We are dedicated to building the moat around our business by increasing our market capitalization, which will counter that vulnerability. Generating free cash flow maintaining strong liquidity are important parts of our defense as well.

Thanks for posting that. What say you Blue Bayou?

The problem is that a staple doen't exist anymore.
Actually, it does; there's a loophole in McCaskill-Bond big enough to fly N503JB full of BOBs through.

Hint: AA will have its own large fleet of A320's by the time any deal happens. Who says AA has to actually merge operations with JB?

Last edited:
How old is AA's seniority list? How many retirements are there in the next 5-10 years?

ALL of the big boyz will be having problems filling their cockpits at current levels.

B6 offers 2000+ pilots who are trainable (eventually).

kommutrdog said:
ALL of the big boyz will be having problems filling their cockpits at current levels.

No, they won't.

There will NEVER be a shortage of well-qualified pilot candidates for the 'best' jobs that offer good compensation and lifestyle.

Regionals and ULCCs, on the other hand...

Why would American buy JetBlue? They are going to use the business model of outsourcing to the regionals, but since the CRJ isn't profitable, they will turn to companies like JetBlue with 100-150 seat airplanes to outsource. The only reason the would buy JetBlue is if scope didn't allow them to outsource the flying, but in bankruptcy, scope is going to be pretty much meaningless. They will outsource some domestic flying until JetBlue gets to expensive, then go to someone else like VA or Spirit. JetBlue will be left in a situation similar to Comair. We can only hope that American buys JetBlue. Otherwise, we will be constantly reducing cost (read lower wages, benefits, etc.) in order to maintain the flying we have. In the mean time, there will be many people enjoying the short-term benefits of rapid growth at the expense of undercutting legacy contracts. It is the regionals all over again, just with larger equipment.

No, they won't.

There will NEVER be a shortage of well-qualified pilot candidates for the 'best' jobs that offer good compensation and lifestyle.

Regionals and ULCCs, on the other hand...

There's never a shortage in any industry for the best jobs. I agree the regionals are going to suffer.

How old is AA's seniority list? How many retirements are there in the next 5-10 years?

B6 offers 2000+ pilots who are trainable (eventually).

That is making a big assumption that AA will replace every pilot who retires. With the current BK and announcement of 400 furloughs, along with trying to get unlimited domestic codeshare and RJ outsourcing, I cant see growth in pilot numbers at AA in the next 5-10 yrs.

Actually, it does; there's a loophole in McCaskill-Bond big enough to fly N503JB full of BOBs through.

Hint: AA will have its own large fleet of A320's by the time any deal happens. Who says AA has to actually merge operations with JB?

Bingo ...

Thanks for posting that. What say you Blue Bayou?

What's he going to say. Dave will take care of me. ALPA screwed me at Usair. I write up captains for taxiing and flying slow. But I did sign up for 3A.

Latest resources

Back