• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Future AMR/B6 timeline....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I certainly hope we have 4-5 years. With the trend of the last 2 union drives, we should be available to achieve 51% by then..................operative word being "should"

CD

[QUOTE=Lake Alice;2265435 First Dave Barger has been open about quoting and touting a relationship with Frank Lorenzo. He has stated multiple time he learned a great deal from the man.

Please post an article or viideo of him doing soo.....

I certainly hope we have 4-5 years. With the trend of the last 2 union drives, we should be available to achieve 51% by then..................operative word being "should"

CD

Not a chance. If there is fast growth, Barger could take a dump in all our mouthed and a union still wouldn't get voted in. Best chance we have at a union, I hate to say it, is stagnation.

I have noticed a change in tone in emails, speeches, etc from the "We are absolutely opposed to mergers and will continue organic growth" to the current "We arent seeking a merger, but cant control the industry around us, and many airlines are interested in us. In the meantime we will plan on organic growth."

It is a matter of time before someone picks us off.

I have noticed a change in tone in emails, speeches, etc from the "We are absolutely opposed to mergers and will continue organic growth" to the current "We arent seeking a merger, but cant control the industry around us, and many airlines are interested in us. In the meantime we will plan on organic growth."

It is a matter of time before someone picks us off.

Where did you pick that second part of that first sentence from? Was there a company email that I missed?

I had Barger on the Jumpseat 2009 when he stated the Jetblue leadership had looked into buying Frontier.

Where did you pick that second part of that first sentence from? Was there a company email that I missed?

Yea, there was one recently that had that sort of tone, ill dig and see if I can find it.

Here it is, Quarterly Financial Report for Q4 and Year-End 2011, Corporate Communications, sent 1/26/12:

Capacity is down in large part because of bankruptcies and merger and acquisition (M&A) activity. For our part, we are content to benefit from the decreased capacity while building our business through organic growth. Remember that while we are not immune to M&A activity, we have no interest in participating. It’s our intention to grow JetBlue “organically” — meaning, with our own metal, our own people, and our own strategy. That doesn't mean others might not be interested in us, though! We are dedicated to building the moat around our business by increasing our market capitalization, which will counter that vulnerability. Generating free cash flow maintaining strong liquidity are important parts of our defense as well.

Last edited:
Its in the works already, I enjoy working at B6, but see many more changes going down over next 2 yrs. I can assure you there will still be plenty of shocked faces at B6 when the email comes out, and there will be a group of us that have seen this whole thing happening right in front of us. Just being a realist, it will happen, and it won't be fun. Cheers !

I don't think Southwest airlines would take a b6 takeover by AMR too kindly. My guess is they would come in and spoil the deal by making their own offer. In fact, they may be anticipating an AMR move and would jump in first. Just a guess.

Your "milspec" labeling makes you sound ignorant.

Your original comment makes you sound as if you are "whistling past the graveyard".

I don't stress about the rumors of us being bought. On the other hand... if it happens, I'll be one of the ones that can say "yep... that wasn't much of a surprise" while I knock the dust off the logbooks.

Latest resources

Back