• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CapnVegetto

The Prince of all Saiyans
here's what's gonna happen.

AMR furloughs.

AMR pulls out of tons of routes and announces unlimited codeshare with B6

B6 accepts new 'business partner' and steps up aircraft orders, maybe opens new base, keeps more 190's than originally planned, and grows like hell.

idiot pilots at B6 are so happy with fast growth they forgo a union once again due to not being able to look 10 feet past their facee.

short term fast growth at B6 causes bluebelles and morons to be happy, payraises halt, premium pay goes away, healthcare and retirement don't get any better, nobody cares because of fast movement.

AMR pilots hate us for 'taking away their flying'

AMR emerges from bankruptcy.

AMR is lean and mean, and buys B6 post Bankruptcy. Maybe 2 to 3 years afterwards at the most, citing 'perfect synergy'

B6 pilots get bent over the woodshed and fu-ked like a $2 dollar Columbian transvestite whore in seniority integration. Bluebelles can't believe that their beloved company didn't take care of them.

APA gets revenge on the 'job stealing' B6 pilots, thanks to a staple enabled by B6 being non-union.

We have America West/USAir part II with B6/AMR, only difference is B6 guys have no legal recourse thanks to no CBA.

B6 management is either integrated into AMR management, or given HUGE payouts. They laugh their asses off all the way to the bank lighting Cubans with wads of $100 dollar bills.

This whole process will probably take about 4 to 5 years from now. Here we go. Bank on it.

Color me a pessimist but I suspect it will happen sooner. AA should emerge from bankruptcy sooner than UAL or DAL did.

6 years sounds about right to me, espcially considring the piece of crap term sheet that AMR is pushing on APA has a 6yr duration. Once that is up then they will entice APA with a B6 staple if they agree to a contract extension.

Ho hum. Another "somebody's about to buy jetblue" thread. I've been here for about six years and the sky has been falling for most of that. Pardon me if I don't get all flustered.

Ho hum. Another "somebody's about to buy jetblue" thread. I've been here for about six years and the sky has been falling for most of that. Pardon me if I don't get all flustered.

AHHHH... another milspec with no understanding of airline history.

The problem is that a staple doen't exist anymore.

Your right, it's as simple as creating guatalupe holdings to purchase B6. transfer assets and dump.

If anyone isn't with the times, this is the options that Airtran was fed by SWA. Play ball or the holding co. goes buhbye.

Mc-Bond is not what you think it is...

AHHHH... another milspec with no understanding of airline history.

That's right. All I know is the UCMJ and General Orders of the Sentry. Me just dumb Navy guy.

There have been at least five "solid" rumors of us being bought since I've been here. Should I freak out at all of them? If/when it happens, there is nothing I can do about it. Until then I'm not going to get an ulcer wondering when the M/A/buyout is going to be announced.

I have read "Flying the Line", I'm well aware of what's going on in the industry, and I have already sent in my interest card - third time. Your "milspec" labeling makes you sound ignorant.

Fins there is a lot of merit to your post but I will point out two thoughts. First Dave Barger has been open about quoting and touting a relationship with Frank Lorenzo. He has stated multiple time he learned a great deal from the man. Also, to paraphrase our embattled COO Maruster from the last conference call airlines continue to show interest in Jetblue however we continue our organic growth path. These two factors lead me to believe at some point, sooner than latter, Jetblue will cease to exist. Further emphasizing my idea were the comments AA's CEO recently gave to a group of pilots at AA's training center about a key relationship with Jetblue.
I wouldn't believe most of it myself except both of Jetblues comments are common knowledge and the AA comment was verified by a good friend who just happened to at the training center.

We are in for a wild ride who's grinding halt remains in question.

Latest resources

Back