• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughs at Delta and Northwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its a moot point but by size comparison NWA does bring more. Arguing this is pointless anyway because its all about to be combined regardless.

Hey bro, I'm not arguing with you, just pointing out the usual suspects spouting off the same usual BS!:beer:

They say that they are not going to dump them. Fact is that DAL wants to DC-9's to take over the RJ routes in ATL. Why do you think that they are putting jet ways in on C? Those DC 9's may get parked, but it will be with delivery of 737's, which will be replacement AC.
I am surprised that DAL wants to keep them, but that is what the people on VA keep telling me. We will see if this holds true after DCC.

They say that they are not going to dump them. Fact is that DAL wants to DC-9's to take over the RJ routes in ATL. Why do you think that they are putting jet ways in on C? Those DC 9's may get parked, but it will be with delivery of 737's, which will be replacement AC.
I am surprised that DAL wants to keep them, but that is what the people on VA keep telling me. We will see if this holds true after DCC.

DC9's or any mainline aircraft taking flying back is good for the industry. Its the first step to correcting the big scope mistakes. Lets hope you're right. Cheers :beer:

I have heard the same thing from several different sources. We'll be seeing the return of the 9's in ATL for at least a while.

In other news, parking of any 757's is in doubt as well.

The parking of the 757's was just a feign so that we could get lower lease rates. It looks like there are two EOS jets over there. FWIW, we will probably be bidding on those in an auction in the near future.

Looks like the ASA op may be moving some of its ops. I guess we will see what they actually announce, but the fact is that these guys have a plan and it appears to be a better one than we have seen in a long time.

Absolutely, we can all be happy about this, if it comes to fruition. DC-9's recapturing flying, that is.

Last edited:
The parking of the 757's was just a feign so that we could get lower lease rates. It looks like there are two EOS jets over there. FWIW, we will probably be bidding on those in an auction in the near future.

Looks like the ASA op may be moving some of its ops. I guess we will see what they actually announce, but the fact is that these guys have a plan and it appears to be a better one than we have seen in a long time.

Thats why they want to expedite the merger and contract talks so they can start shuffling things the way they want them. The new Delta might be the only legacy with any real plans to be successful through these tough times.

I always feel like I'm pretty well connected until you post. :) That's interesting about those EOS planes... I just figured they were at the TOC for a heavy check before they were sold to some third world op. Here's to hoping we snag them and throw some winglets on them.

Lets not forget NWA is Smaller than DAL but brings almost the same amount of cash and revenue.

DL brings in 50% more revenue than NW. Cash on hand may be about the same but DL has been spending like crazy buying and leasing new airframes, putting new interiors in the entire fleet and in-seat entertainment systems in 50% of the fleet.

2007 Revenue

DL 19.2 B
NW 12.5 B

Last edited:
They are up for grabs, but they just filed a petition to auction assets. I talked to a few guys that stated we may be interested. I sure hope that we are.

Latest resources

Back