• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughs at Delta and Northwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And, can you tell me how a group of pilots who are about to get a 15% pay raise and are bringing old DC9s and 742s to the table are going to get screwed?
Bye Bye--General Lee

Not certain if 15% raise is enticing enough considering we are going to be flying in and out ATL and CVG more frequently. AAAGGGHHH!!!! Going to the A330 soon so hopefully that won't be a problem.

Last edited:
Not certain if 15% raise is enticing enough considering were going to be flying in and out ATL and CVG more frequently. Going to the A330 soon so hopefully that won't be a problem.

CVG will probably be reduced as a hub to mainly 737-800s doing transcons. It is our highest yield base. A lot of the RJs there will probably be shifted towards DTW. I do see a lot of shifting of planes around from base to base, but I think that would translate to 6 day trips for your A330s etc. Maybe DTW--AMS--ATL--AMS--DTW. I think they will be doing a lot of that to find the right planes for the right routes. They want to maximize revenue, which would be a good thing. The 744 going ATL to NRT would be another example. Our daily 777 is always full, and a 744 could be used there. Hopefully some of your DC9s can go through ATL too and do stuff that is too much for an RJ and not enough for an MD88.... At least that is what I have heard through the grapevine......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Not certain if 15% raise is enticing enough considering we are going to be flying in and out ATL and CVG more frequently. AAAGGGHHH!!!! Going to the A330 soon so hopefully that won't be a problem.

Oh yeah, and going through MSP and DTW in the Winter will be a BLAST!!! A Blast of cold air that is. FUNNNNNN. We won't get enough of a raise to fly that far North for sure hosers. ATL in the Winter (about 50 degrees F) would be a heat wave for you canuks.

Bye Bye--General Lee

No dog in this fight, but as a former champion guy I was a cousin in the dysfunctional red tail family, I wish nothing but the best for my former cousins who were always generous with the jumpseat, and marched with us in tough times, I like the Delta guys and girls too, hope this all works out, a rare win/win for everyone,Cheers and Godspeed.

I hope the Northwest guys don't get screwed. When I was on strike at Comair, the Northwest guys treated us like gold. Unlike the Delta guys who would show up at our picket line and heckle guys who were trying to get off food stamps...

Were these the same Delta guys that walked the line with Comair guys and opened their strike center in an effort to help said striking Comair pilots? You are an idiot!

I hope the Northwest guys don't get screwed. When I was on strike at Comair, the Northwest guys treated us like gold. Unlike the Delta guys who would show up at our picket line and heckle guys who were trying to get off food stamps...

What a bunch of crap. I was there (on the Delta side) and the Delta pilots bent over backwards to help the Comair pilots. Our support was not just monetary, but operational as well as our pilots walked the line with you. Our strike committee was working 24/7 to ensure no struck flying was done by our pilots. I know firsthand that segments were canceled because of this. I don't expect a pat on the back or even acknowledgment, but reading lies from an ungrateful, disgruntled dog turd just irks me.

You shouldn't drink and type. You have a very warped sense of history. Explain to us again why Comair wouldn't help furloughed Delta pilots while ASA was more than accomodating? Who got screwed?

I'll be surprised and happy if we even get LOA 19 rates in the joint PWA, the way I read the letter from Lee was a softening up of the pilot group for less than LOA 19 rates, with the none too subtle threat of furloughs unless we get a joint PWA asap. Agree 100% for the idea of a 5 year fence on the top end and bottom end.

This CAN be arranged

Oh yeah, and going through MSP and DTW in the Winter will be a BLAST!!! A Blast of cold air that is. FUNNNNNN. We won't get enough of a raise to fly that far North for sure hosers. ATL in the Winter (about 50 degrees F) would be a heat wave for you canuks.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

If you would like to share your name and seniority number I am sure it can be arranged for you to never fly in a Northwest A330 or 744 through Minneapolis.

Be careful what you wish for. In this economy I would think that you would want all options on the table.

You really are showing your ignorance when you maked heated emotional comments like this. Why don't you sit back, relax, take a toke from the pipe and wait to see what comes out next week. By the sounds of it, the new JPWA will be less than your LOA 19 but it will be what is needed to carry us through this downturn.

The sooner you stop throwing spears and accepting the fact that NWA is part of your future, the sooner we can all just move on to a better future TOGETHER. Bashing the 742 or the DC9 is doing nothing for pilot unity. Ford and Harrison loves it when you make comments like that--divide and conquer.

Thank god we have good leadership on both sides that are trying to hash things out in NYC this week.

In Unity

Latest resources

Back