Furloughs at Delta and Northwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ridiculous.
How much crap do we both have to eat to further this idea of making each other happy? I'm totally for some sort of fences. Nothing that lasts forever....a 2-3 year fence..or be very very conservative with AEs. What the company does not want nor need is lots and lots of displacements as soon as the SLI is done, the pilots are one group and the first AE comes out. Paying for those displacements...folks having to move, etc costs $. If we are going to allow both groups to start bidding like drunken gamblers, then IMO it should be limited. Limit the AEs..or...put up fences!

Have you read any documentation in regards to this subject? The MECs have made it clear there WONT be displacements or a bump and flush with the SLI. There is a Wealth of information on every aspect of the merger and SLI process.

Have you read any documentation in regards to this subject? The MECs have made it clear there WONT be displacements or a bump and flush with the SLI. There is a Wealth of information on every aspect of the merger and SLI process.

It's not about no bump/flush. That should be a given. It's about senior F/Os upgrades indefinitely delayed. Junior Capt lineholders suddenly being on reserve etc. There is not going to be a mass movement to MSP or DTW. It'll be DL people that pay the price. 3-5 year fences should be the minimum requirement. Period.

It's not about no bump/flush. That should be a given. It's about senior F/Os upgrades indefinitely delayed. Junior Capt lineholders suddenly being on reserve etc. There is not going to be a mass movement to MSP or DTW. It'll be DL people that pay the price. 3-5 year fences should be the minimum requirement. Period.

You have to make it to the seat before not being bumped out..

Fact is that even voting this down will not give you the protection you desire. DAL will not give us a fence. That has been a requirement from day one. Basically I was told it was nonnegotiable.

I hear ya man. I was just wondering if there were going to possibly be fences. If there are not, then a lot could be different.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I think they took care of the fence problem for the 744 with making the payrates the same as the 777.

DAL MGMT are the ones who actively said there wont be fences because they need the flexibility and synergies to make this merger viable thus giving us the best chance at survival considering the current events. Voting it down wont change that and will likely get you less money. Also dont forget that just because "NWA" pilots might move around to different bases it will likely be because "our" planes will be moved to "DAL" Bases thus making positions not already accounted for with "your" dal. Also there are DAL pilots that will want to eventually move to "NWA" bases.

If we can get DFW back open i am all over it!!;)

Fact is that even voting this down will not give you the protection you desire. DAL will not give us a fence. That has been a requirement from day one. Basically I was told it was nonnegotiable.

If it's nonnegotiable then we haven't applied enough leverage. This is the one thing that can disrupt all of our lives more than any other. There is nothing stopping the company from flying any equipment from anywhere with fences except a little credit/ deadhead time. Without any guarantee of what's in store the longer we can put this potential furball off, the better.

If it's nonnegotiable then we haven't applied enough leverage. This is the one thing that can disrupt all of our lives more than any other. There is nothing stopping the company from flying any equipment from anywhere with fences except a little credit/ deadhead time. Without any guarantee of what's in store the longer we can put this potential furball off, the better.

Its going to happen regardless of how you vote on the TA thats ACL65s point. The company is doing everything it can to ensure of it because that was their point of the merger (freedom to adjust the airline as it needs to stay a viable company in this mess of an industry). The SLI will get done the SOC will get done and things will change, voting down the TA doesnt change that and just loses the gains that are in the JPWA. Read the documentation most of your concerns will be answered.

Its going to happen regardless of how you vote on the TA thats ACL65s point. The company is doing everything it can to ensure of it because that was their point of the merger (freedom to adjust the airline as it needs to stay a viable company in this mess of an industry). The SLI will get done the SOC will get done and things will change, voting down the TA doesnt change that and just loses the gains that are in the JPWA. Read the documentation most of your concerns will be answered.

I've read it, talked with reps and in a nutshell, I'm more concerned than ever we're giving the company free reign to F up our lives.

Latest resources

Back