Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughed Options Pilots SCREWED??.Again ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I cannot believe anyone that still has a job at Options (and has had for the past 5 years) would even consider moving to Flexjet before the furloughed guys (you do remember the guys that had to sit on the sidelines so the company we had could survive through that poor economic time) that are swimming in the pool and have gone through the hiring process and are just waiting for a class date. To think our fellow pilots would not honor that sacrifice made by the people furloughed and would fill vacancies before them sickens me. Some thanks that is!!

Just wait till you see the names, my bet will be, all the usual suspects.

First FJ isn't being fair by letting furloughed pilots move get back to work at Flexjet ahead of current Options pilots, now the Options guys are screwing the furloughed by switching sides.

This whole thing is ill conceived as there is no way to keep the unified pilots at Options happy.

As I've already said, scrap the program and take applications from pilots that want to go to work without all this extra baggage (baggage fees aren't reimbursed).

First FJ isn't being fair by letting furloughed pilots move get back to work at Flexjet ahead of current Options pilots, now the Options guys are screwing the furloughed by switching sides.

This whole thing is ill conceived as there is no way to keep the unified pilots at Options happy.

As I've already said, scrap the program and take applications from pilots that want to go to work without all this extra baggage (baggage fees aren't reimbursed).

NO furloughed guy's are getting hired at Flex, the offer is now going out to active FO pilots. BTW why would any FO pilot want to move over to FLEX to go straight to the bottom of the list....Why would anyone do that?

When options absorbed another company some years ago they at least tried to be fair to that pilot group, from what I understand, useing a % of DOH to adjust the seniority list. Correct me if I'm wrong.

scab-like, maybe

From THE US MASTER PILOT SCABLIST: THE UNIONIST'S EDITION

A SCAB is A Person Who is Doing What You'd be Doing if You Weren't on Strike.

[So by definition, the Boot-Lickers going to FJ are NOT scabs! But they sure exhibit Scab-like behavior & traits! Who else would advance their own career on the backs of a furloughed brother or sister!]

A SCAB takes your job, a Job he could not get under normal circumstances. He can only advance himself by taking advantage of labor disputes and walking over the backs of workers trying to maintain decent wages and working conditions. He helps management to destroy his and your profession, often ending up under conditions he/she wouldn't even have scabbed for. No matter. A SCAB doesn't think long term, nor does he think of anything other then himself. His smile shows fangs that drip with your blood, for he willingly destroys families, lives, careers, opportunities and professions at the drop of a hat. He takes from a striker what he knows he could never earn by his own merit: a decent Job. He steals that which others earned at the bargaining table through blood, sweat and tears, and throws it away in an instant - ruining lives, jobs and careers.

ONCE A SCAB, ALWAYS A SCAB - NEVER FORGET!

Last edited:
From THE US MASTER PILOT SCABLIST: THE UNIONIST'S EDITION

A SCAB is A Person Who is Doing What You'd be Doing if You Weren't on Strike.

[So by definition, the Boot-Lickers going to FJ are NOT scabs! But they sure exhibit Scab-like behavior & traits! Who else would advance their own career on the backs of a furloughed brother or sister!]

A SCAB takes your job, a Job he could not get under normal circumstances. He can only advance himself by taking advantage of labor disputes and walking over the backs of workers trying to maintain decent wages and working conditions. He helps management to destroy his and your profession, often ending up under conditions he/she wouldn't even have scabbed for. No matter. A SCAB doesn't think long term, nor does he think of anything other then himself. His smile shows fangs that drip with your blood, for he willingly destroys families, lives, careers, opportunities and professions at the drop of a hat. He takes from a striker what he knows he could never earn by his own merit: a decent Job. He steals that which others earned at the bargaining table through blood, sweat and tears, and throws it away in an instant - ruining lives, jobs and careers.

ONCE A SCAB, ALWAYS A SCAB - NEVER FORGET!

No one here is on strike.

People in is industry throw the word scab around way to often. It defines a specific action which is no where near happening here.

I understand emotions get heated, but using the word scab when it doesn't apply shows your lack of understanding of what a scab really is. And by definition scab like behavior is a scab. It's black and white,you either are or are not being a scab.

If you really believe an active FO pilot going to FJ is a scab you would need to make sure your union kicked them out for being a scab. The union would then need to exhaust every avenue to have that scab terminated. You would also want to add that name to the national scab list so they could never get another union job in aviation.

Is this really what you are proposing, or are you just emotional and don't really understand what you are saying? I am sure the second is the case.

NO furloughed guy's are getting hired at Flex, the offer is now going out to active FO pilots. BTW why would any FO pilot want to move over to FLEX to go straight to the bottom of the list....Why would anyone do that?

1. Get away from our suck ass, speed bump union
2. Fly with happy pilots that are not a part of our suck ass, speed bump union
3. Fly nicer and newer airplanes
4. Make the same amount of money and eventually more money than you would at Options with less responsibilities. (Coffee, Ice, Papers and Clearance all day long!)
5. 401k matching

I think the better question here is why wouldn't you do it.

4. Make the same amount of money and eventually more money than you would at Options with less responsibilities. (Coffee, Ice, Papers and Clearance all day long!)
5. 401k matching

If coffee, ice, papers, and getting a clearance are overwhelming your daily responsibilities you have other issues. Are you that Special Ed guy that people are talking about?

5. 401k matching

Someone gets it.

5. 401k matching

Here are the reasons our union gave. They sound like good ones to me.

• Accepting a position at Flexjet ahead of a furloughed Flight Options pilot who wants to work there undermines a basic union principle and causes an economic injury to a furloughed Flight Options pilot and their dependents.

• If you accept management?s offer of employment, your terms and conditions of employment at Flexjet are not guaranteed. You are an at will employee. Your wages, benefits and working conditions are subject to change from the moment you start working there.

• The Union cannot represent you at Flexjet. There is no legally binding grievance or arbitration procedure to protect you from unjust discipline or discharge. There is no contractual procedure for addressing training irregularities or check ride failures that could end up in your PRIA record. Management can change your rate of pay with or without notice to you, and even pay you less than a junior pilot in the same equipment and cockpit, which their pay plan suggests they intend to do. When you take a vacation from Flexjet, if ever, it is at management?s total discretion and sick leave policies are subject to change.

• You go to the bottom of the seniority list at Flexjet even if you are more senior than Flexjet pilots and Flight Options pilots and managers who are already working there. Importantly, your position on the Flexjet seniority list could affect your position on the integrated seniority list that will take effect when the two carriers are fully integrated. Flexjet is under no legal obligation to honor your seniority if you go to work there. That is true for purposes of furlough, recall, schedule bidding, vacations, and vacancies. The pay system set forth in the company?s offer makes clear that seniority is not controlling for Flight Options pilots who go to work there. When it comes to Flight Options pilots, Flexjet is free to change the seniority rules with or without notice to you and you have no legal recourse to challenge it.

• As a result of the close corporate relationship between OneSky, Flight Options and Flexjet, any employment or services contract offered to you by DW or any other representative of OneSky or the two carriers is unenforceable because you are already covered by a collective bargaining agreement (CBA), including during any period of a leave from Fight Options pursuant to the CBA.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back