Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier votes are in!!!! The pilots vote.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly right. What the F9 pilots just did equates to giving a guy a single dollar towards his $1,200 mortgage payment or $400 a month in utilities. It won't keep his lights on, his water running, or the bank from foreclosing.

For as smart as pilots think they are, they're a pretty stupid lot when it comes to understanding how their compensation package works in the grand scheme of an airline's overall cost structure.

Post of the day.

And that is why this industry is officially unrecoverable to anything CLOSE to what this career once was. Too many people with that same mentality. WHO, then, gets to say NO and reverse the trend? No one? Then the trend continues and pay cuts keep going and going and going with no end in sight. Brilliant.

Guess I'm the 2%. Have voted NO on concessionary contracts before, would do it again.

When the fu*k are people going to learn that PILOT WAGES DON'T MAKE OR BREAK A COMPANY. These pay cuts amount to 1/10th of 1% of the TOTAL CASM, for Christ's sake!!!

Exactly right. What the F9 pilots just did equates to giving a guy a single dollar towards his $1,200 mortgage payment or $400 a month in utilities. It won't keep his lights on, his water running, or the bank from foreclosing.

For as smart as pilots think they are, they're a pretty stupid lot when it comes to understanding how their compensation package works in the grand scheme of an airline's overall cost structure.

Genius. :rolleyes:

Lets just wait and see what the airtran pilot does.

Lets just wait and see what the airtran pilot does.
Why should they do anything?

The company has over half a billion cash in the bank, forecasting a small profit for the quarter and a loss of around $50 Million for the year (including 1st quarter loss - about 10% of available cash on hand), and is hedged decently against higher oil prices for the rest of the year with more delivery slots to sell if they get that desperate.

p.s. this isn't really for you, as you already know this. This is for the other people who don't realize you mostly just like to stir the pot...

I'm not walking in F9 pilots shoes so i don't no their motive.maybe the concession will allow 2 or3 months extra of operation enough time to downsize house and cars.
I'm downsizing myself as we speak so i can be confortable to say NO when they come asking for pay cut.

Lear 70 said:
And that is why this industry is officially unrecoverable to anything CLOSE to what this career once was. Too many people with that same mentality. WHO, then, gets to say NO and reverse the trend? No one? Then the trend continues and pay cuts keep going and going and going with no end in sight. Brilliant.

This started a long time ago, Scabs at CAL, B-scales, two Ch.11 at U, robbing the pensions at U, UAL. Whatever the F9 pilots are doing doesn't amount to a hill of beans in the big scheme of things, Prater taking it back, give me a break, APA standing tall at this juncture, not going to happen.

Lear 70 said:
Guess I'm the 2%. Have voted NO on concessionary contracts before, would do it again.

How long has the contract been dragging on at AAI, have the AAI pilots started a slowdown, work stoppage, CHAOS, strike, work to rule, no open time p/u, 2 mile an hour taxi? What exactly have the AAI pilots done, that truly showed their resolve, other than to keep working, move the airplanes and showed their displeasure by saying no, but still getting the job done? I bet management is truly displeased, not!

lear 70 said:
When the fu*k are people going to learn that PILOT WAGES DON'T MAKE OR BREAK A COMPANY. These pay cuts amount to 1/10th of 1% of the TOTAL CASM, for Christ's sake!!!

See above, so what exactly have you done, other than say no, but kept working. Have the AAI pilots said enough is enough, has the operation come to a grinding halt, are the a/c not flying?

lear 70 said:

We are all looking forward to AAI pilots setting the bar really high, industry leading and all that, topping SWA on the 737. Barring that, y'all should walk out and say thanks but no thanks, end of story.

Last edited:
The F9 pilots did what we all would have done, don't kid yourselves, look at the evidence. The big U started it, UAUA followed, AMR, DAL, NWA, ALK etc. all joined.

I think it is unfair to blame the F9 pilots for anything, they, like the rest of us, are holding on for dear life, can you blame them, would you truly have done differently? If you say yes, in 98% percent of the cases, you are full of horse manure. Internet bravado and all that!

Dizel,
Do not include the Alaska pilots in your group. We lost 100 million a year due to a lopsided arbitration settlement by Richard Kasher.....When the company came back with a worthless pay raise in exchange for our work rules and retirement we voted it down....98% of eligible voters voted and 94 % told the company to stuff it........

Dizel,
Do not include the Alaska pilots in your group. We lost 100 million a year due to a lopsided arbitration settlement by Richard Kasher

But you gave up 100M correct?

Listen, I am not trying to give anyone a hard time, but I do think, that the F9 pilots are, in this case, singled out for something that has been going on for a long time.

No one has fallen on the sword in a long time, why should we expect the F9 pilots to do it, when plenty of pilots prior to has not?

Last edited:
Family to feed, House to pay for, Car payment due.

I dont blame them for voting that in; they have families and are facing losing everything. Stand in their shoes for a day and you would probably do the same.

Reality tells us that their efforts are likely in vane; especially in light of the recent SWA expansion. I would be very surpirsed if they were able to secure financing considering the Herb Turd is circling.

At $130/barrel no one is safe, no one. I am praying for those guys and their families.

Latest resources

Back