Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier votes are in!!!! The pilots vote.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Honestly, who cares if they leave? They've obviously led the company into bankruptcy, so paying them more to keep them around is completely illogical. This would be like giving a pilot a bonus after his incompetence causes him to crash an airplane. Only in management circles does it make sense to pay someone more who has royally screwed up.

Honestly, who cares if they leave? They've obviously led the company into bankruptcy, so paying them more to keep them around is completely illogical. This would be like giving a pilot a bonus after his incompetence causes him to crash an airplane. Only in management circles does it make sense to pay someone more who has royally screwed up.

Well put.

The F9 pilots did what we all would have done, don't kid yourselves, look at the evidence. The big U started it, UAUA followed, AMR, DAL, NWA, ALK etc. all joined.

I think it is unfair to blame the F9 pilots for anything, they, like the rest of us, are holding on for dear life, can you blame them, would you truly have done differently? If you say yes, in 98% percent of the cases, you are full of horse manure. Internet bravado and all that!

FYI, ALK did not vote for a pay cut. It was jammed down, up, whatever, by binding arbitration.

Although that might be a popular stance to have without any knowledge, it is absolutely NOT true in this case. The management team that got F9 into the place they are currently in is long gone. The current CEO is considered by many to be one of the few shining stars in this industry and is commited to making it work. The question really is: did he get to F9 too late to fix the financials? Well..., odds are...but we will see very soon.

I don't mean to throw the old management under the bus, because they created one of the best airlines in the industry from an operations and customer service standpoint, but they were in way over their heads in the big financial equation. My $.02

FYI, ALK did not vote for a pay cut. It was jammed down, up, whatever, by binding arbitration.

And how on earth did you wind up with binding arbitration?

Taking that route takes away any leverage the group has!

The Frontier pilots gave it, but as someone else said, it would likely have been taken away anyway.

Listen, people make their own choices, I just felt that the F9 pilots were unjustly singled out in this instance. If I stepped on some AK toes with mentioning the paycut forced upon y'all, my apologies.

Because it was part of the no-strike clause in our contract that had been in force for 20 years.

Just get your story straight and all's forgiven.

Latest resources

Back