Frontier Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
USMC319 said:
Is Skwest non-union? I don't understand your point because I was talking about mainline airlines and you replied with a scenerio involving a buy-out of a regional commuter sold by a parent company in financial straights. Just curious.

Mine is in response to the post I quoted. SkyWest is a non-union carrier. They acquired a unionized carrier. That fact that they were sold is not my pooint, they could have been acquired by anybody. In this case, it was a no-union carrier buyig/acquiring a union carrier.

What's the difference if they are "mainline" or not?

dojetdriver said:
What's the difference if they are "mainline" or not?

Nothing really....except the subject matter implied a buyout involving two healthy airlines (jetBlue and Frontier). In your case the airline in question was not autonomous, rather it was an asset owned by a struggling parent airline, which was sold to generate cash and really doesn't fit this arguement. In any case I am hopeful that the original rumor remains just that.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/051006/frontier_air_traffic.html?.v=1

AP
Frontier Air Traffic Rises in September
Thursday October 6, 2:21 pm ET
Frontier Airlines Traffic Rises 20.9 Percent in September As Capacity Grows by 9.6 Percent

DENVER (AP) -- Discount airline Frontier Airlines Inc. said Thursday traffic increased 20.9 percent in September, as the company grew capacity by 9.6 percent.
Frontier shares surged 93 cents, or 9 percent, to $10.79 in afternoon trading on Nasdaq. The stock has traded between $6.71 and $13.08 over the past 52 weeks.

Revenue passenger miles, or traffic, totaled 553.7 million, versus 457.9 million a year earlier. A revenue passenger mile equals one paying passenger flown one mile.

Available seat miles, or capacity, rose to 779.4 million, versus 711.2 million in September 2004. Load factor, or the number of passengers carried as a portion of available seats, increased to 71 percent from 64.4 percent.

The carrier flew 586,103 million paying passengers, a 25.2 percent increase from the same period a year earlier.

Somewhat related....

Any F9 or Denver based pilots know of a free shuttle from DEN to a nearby condo community. I read about it on a crashpad website and was just wondering what kind of transportion existed in the area. Thanks for the info.

StaySeated said:
Any F9 or Denver based pilots know of a free shuttle from DEN to a nearby condo community. I read about it on a crashpad website and was just wondering what kind of transportion existed in the area. Thanks for the info.

Yes - the PCA Parking Lot shuttle (not free, but it's only something like $2) will take you just behind the First Creek Farm condos at 56th and Tower. Nice condos, very clean, awesome workout room, Olympic sized pool, and lots of airline peeps.

StaySeated said:
Thanks, anything else in that area? Bars, restaurants, bars...

There is a mini-mall within walking distance, about 1 mile away - grocery store, hair-cutting place, video store, dry cleaner, liquor store :)pimp: ), Wendy's, Chinese food restaurant (big servings, small price, call now), and a couple of other things I can't remember.

If you have a car, there is an Outback, Quizno's, Ted Bison Steaks, Subway, KFC, etc. about five minutes' drive.

Good luck.

jetalc said:
There is a mini-mall within walking distance, about 1 mile away - grocery store, hair-cutting place, video store, dry cleaner, liquor store :)pimp: ), Wendy's, Chinese food restaurant (big servings, small price, call now), and a couple of other things I can't remember.
Good luck.

All that and a $2 van ride home from the airport?

So in other words, I could arrange my home life to be the same as my overnights? :)

Latest resources

Back