Frontier Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
eagleatr said:
Does Frontier have any problems with interviewing/hiring furloughed people?

No. I'm sure there are certain constraints (i.e., resigning your seniority, etc.), but I don't know for sure. I know FRNT has hired a few furloughed peeps - some have turned out well, others are back flying a BBJ after being furloughed by DAL... and make a habit of coming on this board and trying to talk smack about FRNT - kind of entertaining, really!

75 hour guarantee 1.25xhourly above 82 hrs.
FO pay
Year $
1 51.67
2 63.71
3 72.64
4 76.72
5 82.00

Capt at maybe year five

5 136.66
6 139.72
7 142.40
8 145.68
9 148.28
max @ year 12

Most lines built to about 82 hrs. Lots of open time to pick up, but can't pick any up on reserve except vacation.

Does anyone have any idea if Frontier has started calling folks into interview, besides the guys that had interview calls from last year? Also, do they stick pretty close to letting current employees recommend only one person per year? Thanks for all the info.

The new invites will start next month after all the old ones have been called in. Yes Frontier is strictly abiding by their new "Silver Bullet" policy. One recommendation per pilot (non-probationary pilot) per year. Pilots who try to recommend more than one will actually hurt the candidates involved. Good luck.

USMC319 Thanks for the quick reply. I noticed they've changed the required minimums to include ATP. Out of all the minimum and preferred requirements I more than qualify, but only hold a Comm. and 1 inside recommendation. Did they add the ATP requirement for any other reason than to narrow the field? In your opinion is the lack of ATP certificate something that will prevent me from getting a call?

Last edited:
Yes. The problem with not having an ATP is that your application will never be pulled from the data base. The computer querry will only pull applications out of the data base that include an ATP license. Furthermore, even if your buddy could pull some strings and bypass the "system" to get your application pulled, the Chief Pilot would certainly throw it out based on the minimum qualification standard. Just go get the ATP. Its a piece of cake.

PCA is free

jetalc said:
Yes - the PCA Parking Lot shuttle (not free, but it's only something like $2) will take you just behind the First Creek Farm condos at 56th and Tower. Nice condos, very clean, awesome workout room, Olympic sized pool, and lots of airline peeps.

The PCA shuttle is free, but you should tip the driver $1 each way to maintain the benefit. You pick up the shuttle at door 513, go to the third island "Off Airport Parking". Tell the driver you are go to the condos and he'll drop you at the entrance of the PCA parking. There is a pathway to the condos from there. I own a condo there and it has been the best crashpad I have ever lived in. I like the facitlties, it is close and convenient to DEN and everything else.

Good luck,

Jeff

Jeff Helgeson said:
The PCA shuttle is free, but you should tip the driver $1 each way to maintain the benefit.

Not any more, oh Florida Dude, based on reports from people at my crashpad who still use it... What did YOU negotiate now?

:beer:

Latest resources

Back