• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Look, I am sick of how everyone says how great it is here, there, where ever, it is not always that rosy until you hit the waters, I tested these waters and it was a nice ride, but I decided to move on to what I feel is a better ride, I enjoyed flying corporate more than I do at the airlines, but did not want to deal with all of the turmoil there right now, and so I tried F9, well after 2 years, it is not what was advertised to me, so I feel that SW will be a better ride for me, when you start to see management play musical chairs, among other things, I just felt that I was not interested to see where this may go in the distant future, and I know that I am not the only one there with the same vision

Good luck at SWA. I hope it is everything you want. It aint corporate either.

F9 isn't the end all and be all to everybody. If you aren't happy here I'm glad you're moving on.

ex-nutjeter said:
Look, I am sick of how everyone says how great it is here, there, where ever, it is not always that rosy until you hit the waters...

I also extend my good luck wishes - not every company is for everybody. Hope you find whatever makes you happy! This is a funky industry, and a lot of people have misconceptions about what they think will make them happy. Hope you find it - SWA is not a bad company! We'll see how "the waters" are when the shee-ite hits the fan for them too...it's just a matter of time.

ex-nutjeter said:
Make sure that F9 is really what you want, do your research, I have been here for almost 2 years and when I started here it was fine, but within the past year, this place has turned out to be not all that rosy any more. I will be leaving soon, so maybe you can take my spot, I got a call from the competition.
Later

Not everybody has that luxury. I'm sure F9 is still better than being furloughed or the regionals.

Dave Benjamin said:
Sorry to change the subject slightly but I'm wondering if F9 will be set up with CASS at some point.

According to our union website CASS has been approved for non-ATA members (us), and we are putting together the software to allow us to participate SOON.

About 30% of our pilots commute so there is a big push for CASS from within too.

Not if David Barger has anything to do with it.

I interviewed at jetBlue on September 20th, and I asked David Barger point-blank if JB might purchase another carrier i.e. Southwest buying Morris Air. He said absolutely, 100% no-way would jetBlue ever buy another airline because they want to protect the jetBlue corporate culture. With the purchase of another airline, there would be too many unknown variables, especially if the purchased carrier was a union carrier.
Good Luck,
Bob

AnimalTale said:
I have heard the USAIR and Jetblue thing quit a bit also.

Another one you can have is: VIRGIN AMERICA!

Cya

Bob_Sacamano said:
With the purchase of another airline, there would be too many unknown variables, especially if the purchased carrier was a union carrier.
Good Luck,
Bob

Conversely, I think most union pilot groups would try to block any acquisition by a non-union airline.

dojetdriver said:
Yep, just take a look at ASA and SkyWest.
Is Skwest non-union? I don't understand your point because I was talking about mainline airlines and you replied with a scenerio involving a buy-out of a regional commuter sold by a parent company in financial straights. Just curious.

Latest resources

Back