• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here I go again:

From the Left Seat,
To the Right Seat,
To the Street.

"If your chosen occupation is something you love, you'll never work a day in your life...but you'll also never be paid." - some regional pilot

Which is only 300 pounds a side less than a 737.

Really? Not that I've ever flown the thing, but I remember seeing considerably higher numbers than 1900 lbs in cruise every time I've been a guest on the jumpseat in a 737. This is not an attempt at flamebait or trying to defend my gas-guzzling RJ, I just honestly can't remember seeing numbers that low.

Really? Not that I've ever flown the thing, but I remember seeing considerably higher numbers than 1900 lbs in cruise every time I've been a guest on the jumpseat in a 737. This is not an attempt at flamebait or trying to defend my gas-guzzling RJ, I just honestly can't remember seeing numbers that low.

Actually you're right..though I wouldn't say considerably higher. From the performance manual and typical weights, the burn is from about 1950 to 2290 depending on altitude, ISA, etc (-300 about 100 pounds aside more).

I wouldn't call RJs and E-Jets gas guzzling..just not as economical in todays environment given the fuel CASM. I hope oil comes back down for everyones sake.

We may not get everything we are looking for but any improvement is better.

Sounds like another mediocre contract at best. Being a former RAH pilot I was hoping you guys would really step it up this time considering you do have 2200 pilots and about 50 codeshares. Take a look at BB's salary and RAH's profits. You deserve a much much bigger piece of the pie.

I'm sure he'll spout off more diarrhea of the mouth though about how the sky is falling, high oil prices, needing to be a cost competitive as possible to gain more flying, etc. And as expected, another pilot group will cave.

I don't know how BB considers himself such a God loving Christian when continues to rip off his employees. He is nothing but a con artist just like all of the others. Unite for once and step up to the plate. You are essentially flying a mainline aircraft on mainline routes which also creates less mainline jobs for you in the future as well. The pay gap needs to be significantly narrowed.

Last edited:
Frontier won't last beyond the summer (unfortunately).
UAL will accelerate the removal of MESA, along with mainline 737s.
BB has already been approached by UAL about increasing the number of 170s at UAL.
10 of the ex-DL 170's were to stay on the S5 side in UA colors. BB pointedly says it makes sense to replace -500s with 170's...that's not a mistake he "slipped" in.

Hopefully the oil bubble will burst (I don't know if this is a good or bad thing) and we will start back down the other side of this.
Oil has bubbled before...and it will burst again. It's always good when adjustments come. This time, however, the people being "adjusted" won't be homeowners, but Big Oil.

That really isn't surprising! Good Luck to everyone at Frontier Airlines, its gonna be a rocky summer for all of us.

Huh, and how about the DEN based pilots that don't have a base anymore?

Sucks for everybody :(

You guys know that oil is a diminishing resource right? I seem to remember from some class in college that when you get less of something the price tends to go up.

CP, you are somewhat correct here. You see, back when they first started pumping oil out of the ground in the US, they were taking so much out that they had a surplus of oil just lying around. Since the mighty government thought there was no way we would ever use as much as was being pumped they started selling the extra to foriegn countries who wanted it.

Flash forward to today, and the US still sells those countries that certain amount of oil the US pumps, but the US now consumes 4 times the amount of oil it can possibly produce. Where does it get that extra? Bingo, the Middle East.

Of course oil is a diminishing resource, but what drives the price up is the fact that the WORLD is now starting to use oil faster than it can be pumped out of the ground. I believe the Middle East pumps out more in one day than the rest of the world combined but still has a hard time keeping up with demand. Hence, the soaring rise in oil prices.

BTW, we don't get any oil from the middle east, most of our oil comes from Venezuela.

Top Ten Places we get oil..... Yes we do get it from the Middle East.

1. Canada
2. Mexico
3. Saudi Arabia
4. Venezuela
5. Nigeria
6. Angola
7. Iraq
8. Algeria
9. United Kingdom
10. Brazil

Just wait until President Obama slaps a 40% "windfall profits" tax on the oil companies....
I don't have any formal financial education, however I do know what these people in government know but don't tell the kool-aid drinkers because it takes the wind out of there campaign sails, COMPANIES DO NOT PAY TAXES. You, the consumer, pays the taxes fixed into the price of goods and services you buy. What do you think the oil companies will do if that ever happened? Does it stop there or is the govenrment going to slap a tax on any company or industry that it feels makes too much money? I don't have any problems with an oil company making profits ( No I don't own any EXXON stock ). After all they pump it, refine it, store it, truck it, pipe it, sell it. WHAT DOES THE VARIOUS GOVERNMENTS DO TO GET YOU THAT GALLON OF GAS? 0.27 per gallon profit... the federal and states get close to .50 per gallon for doing absolutley nothing to get that gas to you. Sorry for steering away from that thread title, I just had to rant.

Latest resources

Back