• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier to cease Republic ops......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Only time the 170 is max speed is the go home leg. .76 or .74 usually. about 1600lbs a side.

B

Which is only 300 pounds a side less than a 737. There is a market for E-Jets, but as oil rises, the cost advantage enjoyed by the mainline partners diminishes. It's going to be a rough year for everyone in the aviation industry as oil reaches new highs. Summer ticket sales have largely been made on a lower cost (approx 100 a barrel), so the traditional good second quarter may already be a loss if oil stays high. With the mergers going on airlines may be looking to get out of regional contracts, or look for reductions in fees, to help lessen the fuel cost burden.

Which is only 300 pounds a side less than a 737. There is a market for E-Jets, but as oil rises, the cost advantage enjoyed by the mainline partners diminishes. It's going to be a rough year for everyone in the aviation industry as oil reaches new highs. Summer ticket sales have largely been made on a lower cost (approx 100 a barrel), so the traditional good second quarter may already be a loss if oil stays high. With the mergers going on airlines may be looking to get out of regional contracts, or look for reductions in fees, to help lessen the fuel cost burden.

fuel burn is not the only cost. mx on ejets are a lot lower than b737 that i know plus the crew pay as well.

fuel burn is not the only cost. mx on ejets are a lot lower than b737 that i know plus the crew pay as well.

Sorry, but could you break down the mx costs of an ejet versus a 737? Where do your numbers come from?

These costs are quickly outlaid by the extra 75 seats on a B737. There really is no comparison in a high-cost fuel market.

You guys know that oil is a diminishing resource right? I seem to remember from some class in college that when you get less of something the price tends to go up.

You guys know that oil is a diminishing resource right? I seem to remember from some class in college that when you get less of something the price tends to go up.

Funny, that's not what the Saudi Emir reported.

Trojan

737- 300 and 500's are possible to be replaced by the e170. The airlines also want to reduce the available seats in order to drive up the price in some markets. So fuel is not the only factor. BTW how about parking NWA dc9's for 170's?

drilling for a little more oil from within the USA won't drive down the price of oil for us that much. Oil is traded on an open market. You can't force bob in Alaska to sell only to Americans at below market price either. Most of our oil comes from within the USA already...

It's fault of all the azzholes in the futures markets trying to make a quick buck with other people's money and a lack of confidence/demand in the dollar, which makes people put money into commodities like gold, wheat, and frigging oil.

Latest resources

Back