• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier to cease Republic ops......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That really isn't surprising! Good Luck to everyone at Frontier Airlines, its gonna be a rocky summer for all of us.

This comes as no suprise to us. It sure is going to be a tough summer if oil stays at or above 115.00 per barrel. :(

How many airframes and pilots were dedicate to the Frontier operation? Obviously these planes and pilots have to go somewhere. Can they be obsorbed elsewhere with the United and Delta flying, or will Republic have a surplus of crews and planes now?

With all of the bad news and seeing that oil is about to hit $120, I'm really nervous about job security for ALL of us.

12 FRAMES AND ABOUT 100 CREW MEMBERS!!!

they will be send all over the network...sorry guys

********************!!! DELTA just posted a 6.2 billion lost...

Add another $4.1B for Northwest and you get a grand total of $10.5B loss for the newly merged airlines.

We have 12 170's currently in DEN with 7 more that were supposed to trickle out there for the remainder of 08. 100+ pilots in base. It is going to be interesting to see where those 17 170's end up if anywhere!! No good for anyone right now.

I think it's time for the Rock to layuth the smack down on these idiot oil tycoons. They are continuing to send our economy further and further into a depression. My thoughts and prayers go out to us all.

I think those planes will find homes. Probably at US Airways, I know one already has.........

Who is flying 175's for Frontier, Republic?

New US Airways route to Montreal announced
Posted on: April 16th, 2008 by Andrew Mayer

Starting July 3rd of this year, US Airways will be adding a new service to its daily flight schedule, a direct flight from its home base in Charlotte, North Carolina to Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The flight is offered by Airways but operated by subsidiary a Frontier Airlines Embraer 175 plane.

Andrew Nocella, US Airways’ senior vice president of schedule planning and alliances says, Montreal is a world class city with something to offer everyone. With this new service, travelers can enjoy old world charm, modern cuisine, or explore the ‘Double Decker City’- one above ground and one below in La ville souterraine (the underground city). No matter the season, an adventure can always be had in Montreal.
On the Canadian side, vice president of Montreal Airport Operations Normand Boivin comments, This is yet another major milestone in our partnership between US Airways and Aeroports de Montreal. Today’s announcement is yet further evidence of our constant efforts to increase and improve services to and from Montreal and reaffirm the Airport’s role as one of the driving forces of the region’s economy.

We have 12 170's currently in DEN with 7 more that were supposed to trickle out there for the remainder of 08. 100+ pilots in base. It is going to be interesting to see where those 17 170's end up if anywhere!! No good for anyone right now.

I think it's time for the Rock to layuth the smack down on these idiot oil tycoons. They are continuing to send our economy further and further into a depression. My thoughts and prayers go out to us all.

It's not Oil Companies that are the bad guys here. The weak dollar is sending prices skyrocketing. Same thing happened in the '70's. If you adjust for inflation, the 70's had the same situation. Hopefully we'll see the dollar get stronger soon (feds need to quit lowering rates and quit printing money), and we'll see a strong recovery. I predict by the end of '08 we'll start seeing signs of recovery. For now, just more bad news.

Trojan

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back