• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier to cease Republic ops......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RAH just cx'd all of S5, RW, CHQ new hire and upgarde classes, it's going to worst before it gets better.

Not totally correct. The 4/21 RW and S5 new hire classes were cancelled. They were given a couple weeks per diem, travel home and "preferential hiring" in the future. The 2/28 and 3/25 classes are running as scheduled, except for the 3/25 RW class which is starting indoc for S5 (sucks that they have to do the full 4 week course for S5) tomorrow. Captain upgrades continue on somewhat as planned, although I know at least 4 upgrades that started on Monday were downgraded and I heard of some captains even on OE were downgraded.

Just wait until President Obama slaps a 40% "windfall profits" tax on the oil companies....

Funny how nobody's been able to define what a "windfall profit" is. Sadly, even McCain has come out against more domestic oil development.

It's not Oil Companies that are the bad guys here. The weak dollar is sending prices skyrocketing. Same thing happened in the '70's. If you adjust for inflation, the 70's had the same situation. Hopefully we'll see the dollar get stronger soon (feds need to quit lowering rates and quit printing money), and we'll see a strong recovery. I predict by the end of '08 we'll start seeing signs of recovery. For now, just more bad news.

Trojan
Your right there are allot of different factors that are involved with high oil prices. I was primarily just venting.

How much does the E-170 Burn in cruise (max speed cruise) with full fuel, pax, and cargo? I am curious how much more fuel efficient it is compared to the EMB-145.

Thanks.

Come on people, are you getting your 'facts' from the DNC? This is right there with the 'widening' gap between the rich and the poor, carbon credits and global warming. Take all the profits from the evil oil companies and the price of gas goes down $0.27. As others have pointed out, there are other significant factors that play into the price of oil, the weak dollar chief among them.
Sometimes you have to read between the lines. My primary point was that high oil prices are diving our economy down in more ways than one. The layuth the smack down was intended primarily as a joke to make light of the situation. I understand the multiple factors involving our oil dilemma.

Only time the 170 is max speed is the go home leg. .76 or .74 usually. about 1600lbs a side.

B

Frontier won't last beyond the summer (unfortunately).
UAL will accelerate the removal of MESA, along with mainline 737s.
BB has already been approached by UAL about increasing the number of 170s at UAL.
We are in contract talks. Bad news is good news for mngt, so we will take a beating in negotiations and finish up with some pos of a contract. All in the name of showing stability to our partners.

Hopefully the oil bubble will burst (I don't know if this is a good or bad thing) and we will start back down the other side of this.
I would not be too worried about negotiations. Yes our leverage has been slighted a little concerning our situation. Keep in mind when the last contract was signed, we had 300 pilots, and Management had allot more of an advantage than they do now.

If BB is smart he will expedite negotiations a little and get a contract in place as too obtain more business. I do not consider this over as far as our position in negotiations. we are now 2200+ pilots and more code shares. A big difference from before. for now I am still optimistic. We may not get everything we are looking for but any improvement is better. We just have too stand strong.

Latest resources

Back