• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

ex-nutjeter

I get a huge chuckle every so often when I read the FAPA website and get in on the discussions. It seems that here at F9, the union is giving a rats behind about us commuters as usual, and there is now a huge fight over what we need in the next contract, the majority of the pilots want CASS and a commuter policy, while the Union sticks with their "this is a Denver Based Airline" crap, so the heat is on and I am enjoying the threads on the FAPA site. It seems that the Union and the company are too stupid to understand that a commuter policy is easy to set up and costs the company nothing, on the other hand they can continue to pay 2 pilots for the same trip, 1 being the pilot who called in sick, and the other pilot who will fly it, whereas if they would understand that if a pilot called in because he got stuck somewhere due to bad weather and his flight was cancelled, etc.. and couild not make it in, then he would just not be paid for what he missed and no loss of sick days or loss to pay him for a sick day, but the hard heads can stick to the notion of "This is a Denver based airline" mentality.

Maybe our new FAPA president will understand?

ex-nutjeter said:
I get a huge chuckle every so often when I read the FAPA website and get in on the discussions. It seems that here at F9, the union is giving a rats behind about us commuters as usual, and there is now a huge fight over what we need in the next contract, the majority of the pilots want CASS and a commuter policy, while the Union sticks with their "this is a Denver Based Airline" crap, so the heat is on and I am enjoying the threads on the FAPA site. It seems that the Union and the company are too stupid to understand that a commuter policy is easy to set up and costs the company nothing, on the other hand they can continue to pay 2 pilots for the same trip, 1 being the pilot who called in sick, and the other pilot who will fly it, whereas if they would understand that if a pilot called in because he got stuck somewhere due to bad weather and his flight was cancelled, etc.. and couild not make it in, then he would just not be paid for what he missed and no loss of sick days or loss to pay him for a sick day, but the hard heads can stick to the notion of "This is a Denver based airline" mentality.

Maybe our new FAPA president will understand?

Why do u care? Arent u leaving for the competition?

Even without a commutter policy, if u have some class and diplomacy u will do fine with skeds.

Cya

Why air all this on flightinfo.com?

I dont know, I QUESS he hates F9 and commutting. It is his choice.

SWA F/O----> I had a chat with Skippy. He says you are a GREAT guy :)

Cya

So potential newbies will know that all is not champagne and caviar with F9 as some of the KA sippers would have you believe. (This is not the only thing, but rather an example).

yaks said:
No good news from F9. Lost a pile of money last quarter with supposedly the second lowest non-fuel costs in the industry. Last word was no hiring til Dec. but I will be surprised if there is not a furlough. The train is coming but few people see the headlight bearing down on them. I hope I am wrong.
Yaks first of all nobody said it was Champagne and Cavier. But also, Yaks, I think you got it wrong with your past prediction quoted above (its not bad at all here at F9)! Yaks if u dont like F9, go work for HOME DEPOT until American calls u back.

Instead of being so negative, try Enjoying your job, dont complain so much. I too have been furloughed and I can tell u F9 is a GOOD airline. All the complainers need to pack their bags and leave. Why be miserable? Why torture yourself at F9?

I hope you are not that miserable here.

cya

Last edited:
SWA/FO said:

SWA/FO,
Good point. Habitual complainers don't discriminate between the various forms of media, but I would think the FAPA board would be more appropriate.

AnimalTail,
I thought we got rid of all the 10%ers with poor attitudes. Appearantly not all of them. In any case the new hiring proccess will prevent this "type" from infiltrating the ranks going forward. FWIW, I am a commuter and have had no problems getting to work, however, I am pushing for CASS and a good Commuter Policy during the current contract negotiation.

If you think that everyone with a gripe has a bad attitude, then you have problems yourself, just look at the FAPA site and look at what you would call bad attitude people with legitimate concerns where the FAPA boys are just sticking with their own agenda as to what the pilots want, not what we really want, I am happy for you that you commute and can get to work with no problems, I also commute and have been able to get to work with no problems, but as I mentioned in an example above, if you are on a flight, seated, and happy that you got onboard, and all of a sudden they say that the weather is too bad for the flight to depart, then what are you going to do? Will you be Mr. honest and take a missed show hit, or call in sick, I bet the later, anyways this would benefit all, even for someone who drives in from say COS, or where ever, and some of us have to make 2 flights to get in, what if you get to a hub, and you missed your connection because of weather? I have a direct flight, but many don't, I posted this info so that new hires can see what is going on right now, maybe I should cut and paste some of the battle from the FAPA site on here, that would be fun, at least here no one knows who I am if I post that stuff

As yaks mentioned, this is only one major problem, I received a letter that stated that my medical plan that I am enrolled in will be cancelled and I will be moved into the more expensive medical plan, thats nice to know, I was on the low end plan since I don't ever see a doctor, now I am forced into the high end expensive plan, what a joke, and of course, not much FAPA support over the issue, but plenty of debate

AS always, any negitive info about F9 has ANIMALTAIL and USMC319 to the rescue, is it that hard for you select few to let others hear the truth?

Last edited:
USA Jet trys to discourage pilots from being commuters, because they can not make as much money as local pilots. But the company is going to pay to get get into CASS. We would like our commuters to be able to continue working here.

Doug-nutjetter, I'm for CASS and a commuter policy too. These things will benifit us all, but aren't TOP priority for our team I guess. It wasn't long ago that if you didn't live in Denver you didn't get the job.

Please get some perspective on this issue as we go thru our negotiations, and you choose to vent in public to "educate" potential new hires. We are negotiating our SECOND contract ever. We're a young airline and doing well for having been around for a only decade - and a tough one at that.

The job is in Denver. We didn't have a commuter policy when you were hired, and with your experience in the airline industry you shouldn't hang your hopes on what doesn't exist at the time you evaluate your choices. I'm sure you're sad to have left NJA now what with home basing and more money. But who knew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back