Frontier or JetBlue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't pick

Two years from now, it'll be the same thing- FrontierBlue, anyone?

(I don't know, but anything's possible...)

Frontier or Jet Blue...... Dunno,what's my third choice??:D

PHXFLYR:cool:

B6 info

B6 plans on over 600 new hires next year alone... just changed the staffing model from 6.5 crews per plane to 7.3 c/p/plane. Also as of now we are accepting one aircraft every 10 days and this will continue for years to come. 97 more E190's on firm order and another 100 options after that... another 140 or so busses at least as well. Rumors of pilot bases in boston, oakland and orlando to come w/in a year or two. The company is built for the hard times and the E190 is supposed to revolutionize the airline industry... if you don't believe me then go to the Boyd Group online and read for yourself.

I almost went to F9 a few years ago. Great company but not nearly as growth oriented as B6. Instead of hundreds of guys behind me now I'd have 20 or 30. B6 is twice the size of F9 and as I said getting a new plane every 10 days. I have friends at F9 and they love it. In-house union which has an outstanding relationship w/ management. When things get bad the two work together very well, for the good of the company. Interview at both and then decide. Problem is that it will even be a harder decision after that. Don't expect any increase in B6 flights to Denver but between LGA and JFK you'll have an easy commute. You could also go to LGB. You could probably hold it as an FO within 3-6 months, but you'd never get in as a captain... it'll be decades. But w/ the possibility of OAK or BOS you'd have more options.

I personally love it at B6... were going in the right direction and the guys are great to fly with... I know where I'd go but commuting vs. not commuting is a huge difference. Good luck.

Tail

With SWA entering the Denver market, I think B6 is looking like a better option. Plus, you know B6 will be growing considerably over the next few years with the 190 deliveries - not sure what growth F9 will be seeing over the same time period... If given the choice, I would select B6 (even though the 190 FO pay bites!!!).

“I told him I'd help him out if Im still employed by big brown after this year . So much for one of the most stable companies in the industry. Gotta love it........”

NetworKing –

Would you please explain? Are you saying this because of the contract negotiations at Big Brown or is there something else going on? Hope your worries are unfounded,

Thanks, av80r

I'm still waiting for the guys who just say "frontier" to add anything more than a one word response... back it up... or they just are some of the B6 bashers on this board who have nothing to do w/ their other hand.

Tail

My airline is better than yours, no your airline is better than mine...wait a minute, what did I say? The best airline in the world is the one that hires you, end of story. To many poeple that keep chasing the greener grass only end up catching their own tail only to get bit in the but.

Latest resources

Back