• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier or JetBlue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, to elaborate on more that just saying 'Frontier' - I can only really give you info on F9 as I dont know very much about Jet Blue. I just interviewed at F9 and got the offer and I couldn't be more excited. The atmosphere at F9 headquarters is electric and very friendly. Jeff Potter, the CEO, came by, shook hands with us, and chatted a bit. Very nice person and seems very committed to the company and its employees. Everyone there (except the usual 5-10%) is gung ho about doing what it takes to make F9 successful and it really does feel like a big family. I have heard countless people flying on other airlines talking about how great Frontier is to fly on and how nice the people are. They are more conservative with their growth but that maybe is not all that bad.

From where i'm at, I'd be happy as an FO for as long as it takes to upgrade. They treat their employees great and it shows.

The only advice I can give you is go with what your heart says, because things change so rapidly in this industry that todays darling could just as easily be tomorrows hunchback.

Good luck with your choice.

vetrider said:
My airline is better than yours, no your airline is better than mine...wait a minute, what did I say? The best airline in the world is the one that hires you, end of story. To many poeple that keep chasing the greener grass only end up catching their own tail only to get bit in the but.

Good point!! 9 in my new hire class of 18 left to go to the proverbial "greener pastures" Out of those 9 only 1 is still flying today (he chose UPS). Who knew?

PHXFLYR:cool:

I have a friend who just made that decision. Lives in Denver went with Frontier. Both are good companies, with different pros and cons depending on what you really want. Look at financials (your pay and the company's bottom line) and QOL and stability (if there is any in this industry). Decide what's most important with you. Go with the one that will make you happiest. Neither one is a sure bet, either or both could be gone in 10 years or they both could be stable 'dream' companies. You'll be happy no matter what you choose.

RiteSideUp said:
Ok, to elaborate on more that just saying 'Frontier' - I can only really give you info on F9 as I dont know very much about Jet Blue. I just interviewed at F9 and got the offer and I couldn't be more excited. The atmosphere at F9 headquarters is electric and very friendly. Jeff Potter, the CEO, came by, shook hands with us, and chatted a bit. Very nice person and seems very committed to the company and its employees. Everyone there (except the usual 5-10%) is gung ho about doing what it takes to make F9 successful and it really does feel like a big family. I have heard countless people flying on other airlines talking about how great Frontier is to fly on and how nice the people are. They are more conservative with their growth but that maybe is not all that bad.

From where i'm at, I'd be happy as an FO for as long as it takes to upgrade. They treat their employees great and it shows.

The only advice I can give you is go with what your heart says, because things change so rapidly in this industry that todays darling could just as easily be tomorrows hunchback.

Good luck with your choice.

Congratulations to you Riteside, I think you have the right attitude. Enjoy yourself.

Here ya go.

tailhookah said:
I'm still waiting for the guys who just say "frontier" to add anything more than a one word response... back it up... or they just are some of the B6 bashers on this board who have nothing to do w/ their other hand.

Tail

Frontier

Frontier

FJ

Here you go (take two)

Kane said:
I live in Phoenix. But I plan on moving to Denver regardless of who I work for. I am more concerned with stability of the 2 airlines and of course the outcome of Southwest coming into the Denver market.

Kane said he wants to live in Denver. Frontier happens to be based in Denver. I think commuting sucks the big one. In my opinion it would be better to go with the home based company. Plus I can think of a billion things I would rather due than commute to JFK (or FLL or LGB, but particularly JFK).

Not bashing jB at all, just offering up an opinion since it was asked for.

Seem a bit touchy, but then again I'm used to that from the jB folks on this board.

FJ

On Your Six said:
With SWA entering the Denver market, I think B6 is looking like a better option. Plus, you know B6 will be growing considerably over the next few years with the 190 deliveries - not sure what growth F9 will be seeing over the same time period... If given the choice, I would select B6 (even though the 190 FO pay bites!!!).
"Oh, I am heartily tired of hearing about what Lee is going to do. Some of you always seem to think he is suddenly going to turn a double somersault and land in our rear and on both flanks at the same time. Go back to your command, General, and try to think what we are going to do ourselves, instead of what Lee is going to do." General US Grant

Substitute Southwest for Lee and you've got what everyone keeps running around with. I guess since Southwest is coming to Denver, everyone else may as well go home and crawl into the fetal position and call for mommy.

How does the pay compare? I mean for the new-hire, who'll get F.O. on the RJ at JBLU vs. right seat in the 319 at Frontier?

Also, how long to make left seat at the 'bus for both, for a new-hire?

Seem a bit touchy said:
Been denied the jumpseat lately?

I cannot speak for Frontier...but neither can anyone else who doesn't work there. B6 is great, commute is easy, pay is good (except the 190 but what do I care, right?), I can go on and on. Bottom line, awesome place to go to work.

Latest resources

Back