Frontier or JetBlue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jetalc said:
Wish I knew - F9Recruiter would be the one to field that one. Possibly increased new aircraft deliveries as well as more cities. Exact numbers (other than number of newhires) and cities continues to be a highly guarded secret. I'll let you know if I get any info. F9 has vowed that it will never see the 40%+ aggressive growth it saw a couple of years ago - it seems the faster they grow the harder they fall, so F9 is trying to stay on the path of slow and smart growth.

Being an employee of a public company, I can't go into specifics of growth. Jetalc is correct regarding the vow of not having 40% growth again. As far as interviews, I will say that 14 individuals have been invited for December 1, another 14 for December 6 and yet another 14 for the December 15 interviews. If you haven't received the infamous email invitation yet, hang in there as there will be more to come in the following months.

Deaf Ears

AA717driver said:
I guess the past 5 years have taught us nothing about the industry.

Who should I choose? TWA or PanAm? (circa 1968) USAir or Piedmont? (circa 1985) Delta or United? (circa 1997)....TC

Hey Tim,

Sadly, I think your point was lost on all the young guys on this board.

Steve

Steve Di. said:
Hey Tim,

Sadly, I think your point was lost on all the young guys on this board.

Steve

I'm pretty sure most of us "young guys" got it - I understand a lot of people have been through the ringer with their careers, and you just never know what's going to happen. I truly feel for those who have had their lives totally turned upside down by mismanagement, poor economic times, 9/11, etc. It's just not worth commenting further on, since that would be overstating the obvious. While it's important for people to come into this industry with their eyes WIDE OPEN regarding the potential for even the most stable and successful companies to one day fall apart, it's a little tiresome to hear the same ol' battle cry that "this industry is dead." It's not - it's just evolving into yet a different monster, and the cycles that have ALWAYS been present have not simply gone away.

kidflo said:
Doesn't F9 "rent" their inflight TV's from B6??

No they do not. F9 had a contract with "Live TV" (the company that installed the tv's in JB aircraft) prior to JB buying "Live TV". The company is still called Live TV and JB chose to honor the existing contract that LiveTV had with F9 at the time of our purchase. What has happened with the two companies since then I don't have a clue. But, if F9 is still getting TV's installed in their Airbii's, chances are it is from LiveTV (owned by JB).

Do not confuse the satellite service "Direct TV" with Live TV, they are two separate companies. Direct TV "rents" it's services to JB as well. I know it sounds confusing but it's really quite simple. :confused:

C yaaaa

JB is installing the TV's for F9 at their facility in ORL. I also believe they do the XM radio for AirTran.

Jetsi

Latest resources

Back