• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's the only "fair" way to integrate:

1. No bump/no flush.
2. F9 began operating this time around in 1994. Therefore:
All SWA pilots hired prior to 1994 maintain their current seniority. F9 pilots ratioed into the post 1994 SWA list.
3. Subsequent openings filled from integrated seniority list.

No one gets any windfalls.

Bull$hit. Your entire post is THE definition of a windfall.
We have over 4700 post '94 pilots.
If F9 wants to get greedy they can fly an RJ for Republic. Otherwise they can take the right seat, at the bottom of the list, in a 73 for $40\hour more than they are making now. It's up to them. I have no doubt how the SWAPA pilots will vote.

I'd love to see us put every F9 pilot on the payroll, but I won't sacrifice ONE of my fellow pilots. Ain't personal, just business.

A 8 year FO at F9 would get a $3300 a month raise to pull gear at SWA. (8 yr SWA pay @ 90 trips per month X 109.64). I think lots of F9 guys will be happy with the money and stable company.

659 total....1/29/07 most junior.....4/18/94 most senior. Looks as if most are in their 40's on average.

SWA/FO, that's the least bump in pay they'd see, as most people at least do 100/month without even trying. There will be no arbitration, our company and our union made it perfectly clear. The unions agree on something, or no deal. I am hoping this deal goes through, and that it's amicable. I look forward to flying with the F9 guys, and driving to work. ;)

First off I hope you all the best. I also hope other solid companies step up to the plate. I dont want any one to lose their job.
Now to my point. I will be writing my Union today to enforce the fact that I, as a dues paying member only support this if it is going to be beneficial to me, my fellow union pilots and my company. I have delt with delayed career progression due to:

1. Bin Laden and his band of idiots
2. Economic downturn after 911
3. SARS
4. Age 65
5. Economic downturn 2008-2009 causing aircraft delivery to stop
6. Swin flue

This takes us to today To present. You guys are in Chapter 11. If some White Knight doesn't save you you could be liquidated or work for RAH which could be worse than a liquidation. I have noticed that some of your brothers are getting a bit bold. One even called me and was "thinking" it would be DOH integration. "Hold on there Mr. put me on the payroll." Where do some of you guys think your coming from. Read and re-read the press release. To be hired as necessary to support the ops as they grow should be your first clue. And for the A$$ who keeps saying "the pool will be flushed too , bad poolies." If I ever find out who you are I will be calling the union and Dallas to make sure you are not in the cut. That right there is an example of culture and class which you sir will never have and why SWA wants to interview then hire. I know I don't want to fly with you.

Wouldn't there be some sort of 737 type requirement as well?

659 total....1/29/07 most junior.....4/18/94 most senior. Looks as if most are in their 40's on average.

Your information is not correct.

There's a lot that can happen in the next several weeks. A lot of folks got all balled up over the RAH deal and now it may become a moot point. The SWA deal might become moot as well.

Let's see what happens. One thing I know for sure is that whatever deal goes through and if there is some form of integration, whatever that may be, somebody will be getting an outstanding group of people from Frontier.

Latest resources

Back