• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier Airlines becomes Wholly Owned subsidary of Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WOW, this comming from an A$$ hat who applied at Compass, Mesaba, Lynx, Great Lakes and COULDN'T get hired! Even Ameriflight won't take you back......

Call me when you land a job BACK in aviation.

Um I am back in aviation...why do you think I care about this issue?? And whats with the name callin' hmm??

$106 million is a steal.

It's a soft market for airlines.

In 1999, Comair was crunching the numbers to purchase TWA or America West or Alaska or Midwest Express.

Delta bought Comair for $2.3B and stopped all that. Since then, I always thought Skywest would be the first to buy a larger airplane operator.

It's a soft market for airlines.

In 1999, Comair was crunching the numbers to purchase TWA or America West or Alaska or Midwest Express.

Delta bought Comair for $2.3B and stopped all that. Since then, I always thought Skywest would be the first to buy a larger airplane operator.

It looks like that was the worst purchase of all time. That along with ASA. But, we had to control their out of control mess of operations, so that was their thinking. Still, it was an expensive, bad purchase.

Bye Bye--General Lee

So the rates paid by AMR, USair, CAL, UAL, Mdwest, (did I miss anyone?) must be pretty good. It looks like in a about a decade the fake Republic parasite will be competing with the very companies that gestated it.

All LCCs will have to match Frontier's new RAH imposed payscale.
Ummm... NO. RAH can't impose a new payscale on the Frontier pilots without an 1113(c) filing, and they won't be able to do that if they don't own it until bankruptcy EXIT.

But thanks for playing.

:rolleyes:

How is it to be tested? I'm not saying I support this, but the contract language is what it is.
Bedford may be a lot of things, but one of them is not stupid when it comes to negotiating and enforcing contracts.

I'm saying that the contract can be traced back to RAH regardless of the individual airline or shell company operating the routes. This purchase will most likely trigger clauses which wouldn't require a company like United to continue to support it's direct competition through a feed contract. We'll see what the major airline lawyers have to say. The new FAA administrator may want a say as well.

I don't think there will be another bidder for F9 at all especially LUV. Mehncke has been lying to F9 employees all along talking about all kinds of interested investors dangling carrots in front of us. I wouldn't be surprised if he knew RAH was gonna provide the financing a long time ago but he didn't tell us just so he could get his concessions. It was kinda written on the wall when RAH provided 70 mil in Dip financing so I even saw it coming. Hopefully Mehncke and whoever else approved this deal at F9 gets fired when RAH taking over is official.

Why is this court process gonna be "fasttracked" as far as what the press releases say. I don't understand what the rush is.

As far as integration of seniority lists, I think most of the F9 pilots will quit before that would ever happen. I would be ashamed to be a part of the RAH seniority list and I am positive all F9 pilots feel the same way.

RAH union determining airbus pay, when the time comes, is a joke. FAPA can't even negotiate industry average pay and bennies for the airbus so what makes people think that RAH can?

Its like apples and oranges comparing F9 and RAH. With any luck F9 will be completely separate and won't even be associated with the word Republic. It happens in other industrys so why can't it happen in the airlines?

I'll quit ranting for now.

I'm saying that the contract can be traced back to RAH regardless of the individual airline or shell company operating the routes. This purchase will most likely trigger clauses which wouldn't require a company like United to continue to support it's direct competition through a feed contract. We'll see what the major airline lawyers have to say. The new FAA administrator may want a say as well.

Sorry, you are incorrect. If you look at the 2008 Annual Report, it clearly states what allows United to break their contract. If Chautauqua or Shuttle America started a competing venture, then United would have grounds to cancel. It says nothing about the holding company or any other subsidiaries being able to trigger a cancellation of the contract. It looks like United is stuck with the 170s until 2019. You can find all of this at www.sec.gov.

I don't think there will be another bidder for F9 at all especially LUV. Mehncke has been lying to F9 employees all along talking about all kinds of interested investors dangling carrots in front of us. I wouldn't be surprised if he knew RAH was gonna provide the financing a long time ago but he didn't tell us just so he could get his concessions. It was kinda written on the wall when RAH provided 70 mil in Dip financing so I even saw it coming. Hopefully Mehncke and whoever else approved this deal at F9 gets fired when RAH taking over is official.

Why is this court process gonna be "fasttracked" as far as what the press releases say. I don't understand what the rush is.

As far as integration of seniority lists, I think most of the F9 pilots will quit before that would ever happen. I would be ashamed to be a part of the RAH seniority list and I am positive all F9 pilots feel the same way.

RAH union determining airbus pay, when the time comes, is a joke. FAPA can't even negotiate industry average pay and bennies for the airbus so what makes people think that RAH can?

Its like apples and oranges comparing F9 and RAH. With any luck F9 will be completely separate and won't even be associated with the word Republic. It happens in other industrys so why can't it happen in the airlines?

I'll quit ranting for now.

Welcome to the happy family! All praise Jesus! <---- I heard Bedford demands employees say this.

I sincerely hope the MEH MEC and the Frontier MEC will UNIFY on this front and our new IBT brothers JOIN US in telling this c@#$ to IMPROVE the rates of the majority of our pilots and not cut our rates to match their crappy rates.

Latest resources

Back