• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier Airlines becomes Wholly Owned subsidary of Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The unions will not agree to a joint seniority list unless every F9 pilot remains in the current position. Therefore, I believe it would go to an arbitrator.The arbitrators position will have a great impact on the careers of every one of us here. I would like to think that they know they will not be joining two equal lists, regardless of bankruptcy. RAH has no Airbus on the property and are not entilitled to occupy either seat.

Why not just staple the RAH list to the bottom of the Frontier list and set up a permanent fences. We have NO right to any Airbus seats. The fences would prevent any one from being displaced or negatively affected and would still comply with the CBA. Just my own one cent. (can't afford the other)

Why not just staple the RAH list to the bottom of the Frontier list and set up a permanent fences. We have NO right to any Airbus seats. The fences would prevent any one from being displaced or negatively affected and would still comply with the CBA. Just my own one cent. (can't afford the other)
Because your senior pilots who control your MEC would never go for that, either.

Line Flyer, I believe your severely underestimate the power a purchasing airline's pilot group has in an arbitration scenario when one of the groups are in bankruptcy.

I'm betting you get something VERY similar to the Nicolau award, slotted seniority integration with 2 or 3 year fences to keep you in your seats and, after that, as soon as Bedford decides to move any of those planes out of DEN, the seats are opened to system-wide seniority.

Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad... I feel terrible for you guys over there, great people, a great product, just a very difficult economic environment and nowhere else to turn for exit financing.

And people wonder why I have been talking about full re-regulation for the last several years. This profession will continue to be full of nasty little turns until that happens... I'll continue to fight for it, but unless everyone is willing to STFD and walk, I see very little chance things will improve, for ANY of us.

Majorinfidel, its clear that F9 is a step up from RAH. F9 was a career move for the majority there.

Because we have a little section in our CBA that doesn't allow that. If it's owned by RAH, pilots from the RAH list fly it. Or is our contract suddenly unimportant because you feel you're so superior to us that we should just bend over and give up a very important clause that protects us?

You shouldn't. No one should give up contractual protection.

Sorry you're so "ashamed" at the thought of being associated with us. You can fly your cute little animals around all you want and continue to look down your noses at us lowly RJ drivers, but you'll be somewhere on our seniority list when you do it. Or you can choose the unemployment line. It's your call.

However, the flip side is you could curb your arrogance. Because the real bottom line is ALL of you at RAH are looking at retiring at RJ wages because YOU keep killing of decent paying Captain positions. You might want to consider that while you're high fiving each other in the crew room today.

You'll negotiate an "Airbus rate" that will be about "competitive" with Virgin America. And you'll be satisfied with it because, as your peers like to say, "What should we do quit?"

No one is getting stapled anymore just as no one is getting DoH anymore. Allegheny/Mohawk is the law of the land in SLIs not covered by Union merger/frag policies.

The unions will not agree to a joint seniority list unless every F9 pilot remains in the current position. Therefore, I believe it would go to an arbitrator.The arbitrators position will have a great impact on the careers of every one of us here. I would like to think that they know they will not be joining two equal lists, regardless of bankruptcy. RAH has no Airbus on the property and are not entilitled to occupy either seat.

Why would they "know" that? And what makes you think RAH has any intention of keeping the Airbii. Perhaps they'll sell off the Bus and replace it with a flock of E-190s. It will be a ratioed SLI with the poor F9 bastiges dropping to RAH payscales. And this is exactly why the whole deal sucks, especially for the furloughed Midwest pilots. Those are guys that this time last year were Legacy paid Captains who will end up coming back as RAH F/Os, IF they come back.

And people wonder why I have been talking about full re-regulation for the last several years. This profession will continue to be full of nasty little turns until that happens... I'll continue to fight for it, but unless everyone is willing to STFD and walk, I see very little chance things will improve, for ANY of us.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

Majorinfidel, its clear that F9 is a step up from RAH. F9 was a career move for the majority there.

True.

Latest resources

Back