• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

From the NWA MEC to their constituents

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Old news on the -9's. very close to the original fleet plan. the last few years they kept more -9's flying at low utilization rates to slow down a/c going through heavy mx. Sold 30 to a South American Co. Utilization rates to almost double with remaining a/c.

Heyas,

Not only that, but the narrowbody floor comes into effect at the end of next month. If they want to park any more DC-9s, they have to start parking 76 seaters.

Nu

Did the increase in pay, DC plan, work rules, widebody/international flying, and equity (while keeping their pensions) also "negate the benefit" to NWA pilots?

I don't know why my Delta buddies are even considering these guys.

Red tails?

More like red noses. As in Bozo.

Whats even funnier than your rumblings are that you don't even work for either Airline yet have nothing better to do than post constant flames about a subject you're not even involved with. And to think you tried to flame me for being a newb at NWA and how that some how effects my opinion in some way, yet you don't work at either. :cool:

You and the other constant flamers are the main reason why this forum isnt worth much anymore.:bomb:

Heyas,

Not only that, but the narrowbody floor comes into effect at the end of next month. If they want to park any more DC-9s, they have to start parking 76 seaters.

Nu

Hey you know better than posting factual information on FI. :beer:

Did you really expect them to give up their pensions? Just because you unfortunately lost yours' doesn't mean that is a bonus for NWA...

I have seen that from a number of DAL guys, evidently they think so :cool:

Did you really expect them to give up their pensions? Just because you unfortunately lost yours' doesn't mean that is a bonus for NWA...
They didn't unfortunately lose them. According to many of them here they were made whole and then some by the claim sale and the $650m note. Yup, the same ones that then post that they should receive credit in the SLI for their "loss of pension". Which is it? (they never answer that one). DoubleBreasted DoubleStandard or just simple bi-polar disorder? Who knows...

and the biggie...Air France. Open skies is coming, be it now or later. A global airline is coming with Sky team a leg up on being dominant.

That's the way it is.

You'd sell your mother out if it worked in your favor, wouldn't you?

They didn't unfortunately lose them. According to many of them here they were made whole and then some by the claim sale and the $650m note. Yup, the same ones that then post that they should receive credit in the SLI for their "loss of pension". Which is it? (they never answer that one). DoubleBreasted DoubleStandard or just simple bi-polar disorder? Who knows...

There is a difference. We had a claim sale, which did NOT deal with the pension. Then, we had a pension note, and most got 1 year filled for the 2008 401K ($46,000) and the rest was taxed-- I got abit over $70,000, but 46 of that went into the 401K, and the rest was taxed.. (and not at a normal amount, which means I have to pay some extra taxes now) Most guys under 10 years got less than $30,000, and that didn't even fill up the 401K allottment. So, did we or didn't we lose our pension? Is your pension worth $30,000? The claim sale had nothing to do with the pension at all, it was because we were creditors in the airline. Again, you don't know what you are talking about. Double Standard? Riiiiiiight.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back