From the DAL/NWA rumor mill

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TB

Your math is skewed. You cannot merge the lists and then ratio them out. By your numbers, NWA's top 50% will get DOH and DAL's 16.5% get DOH. Then 33 % of DAL get 1:2 as well as 25% of NWA. Then the bottom is 50% DAL and 25% NWA... Not even close to being fair. That is what DOH would look like.

Assuming this is all "TRUE", you have to divide each individual list separately into three: Top 30%, Mid 30% and bottom 40%. Using round numbers(DAL 7k NWA 5k), you take the top 1500 NWA and top 2100 DAL and merge then in the new list by DOH. Then take the next 1500 NWA and 2100 DAL and merge them by 1:2. Lastly you take the bottom 2000 NWA and bottom 2800 DAL and do 1:3. Problem for me is, that this staples 500 NWA pilots to the bottom of the mid group and an additional 1100 NWA pilots to the bottom of the third. Not too fair for the NWA guys. I, for one, would be below the Apr'08 hires at DAL. Like I said before, I've been here 10 yrs. Is that a fair integration. Don' think so...

Jam

I ran the numbers too and came up with a different merger. Hold on for this math in public and it would be about date of hire which is bad for us.

Lets call the airline a total of 12,000 for easy math. 7,200 DAL 4,800 NW (I know its not exact but its easier.

1st 30% doh and assuming NWA has more senior pilots call them 20% of the 30%

That makes 2,400 NWA 1,200 DAL 50%NWA 16.6% DAL

Next 30% 1 for 2 2,400 DAL 1,200 NWA 33.4 % DAL and 25% NWA

Leaving 3,600 DAL and 1,200 NWA 50%DAL 25%NWA

Now 1 for 3

Guess what its almost date of hire that last for pilots are 3 DAL 1 NWA. Again bad for the DAL pilots as we have everything to lose and nothing to gain.

On the hotel van this morning an airbus NWA crew DTW and a DAL 88 crew ATL. Captain's talked about sick time and pay raises, F/As talked,NWA flight attendents on a 5 day trip were all happy bc they hope to get Delta uniforms. Could only think while they were talking that nothing could be worse then a 5day trip out of DTW. But us two FO's didn't say word bc we know we will be the ones getting screwed the most. Last thing I heard from the NW captain talking to his FA so we all could hear him as we were getting our bags was,"I can't wait to be SLC based bc he is a PHX commuter." Nice touch buddy keep your comments to your self and stay in DTW please.

Problem for me is, that this staples 500 NWA pilots to the bottom of the mid group and an additional 1100 NWA pilots to the bottom of the third. Not too fair for the NWA guys. I, for one, would be below the Apr'08 hires at DAL. Like I said before, I've been here 10 yrs. Is that a fair integration. Don' think so...
I don't know where the ratio lines are drawn, but wouldn't it make sense to try to make those lines match current equipment bids? If so, that would probably be close to correct, but still favor the NWA side slightly.

Not too fair for the NWA guys. I, for one, would be below the Apr'08 hires at DAL. Like I said before, I've been here 10 yrs. Is that a fair integration. Don' think so...

The rumored deal here looks like it is not the real deal. However, remember that DOH really doesn't mean much here. If you end up in a position that is relatively the same as the one you are currently in, then I don't see how it isn't fair. I'm at 93% on the current DAL list. I don't expect to be at 90% on a combined list nor do I expect to be at 97% on a combined list. If I end up behind somebody from NWA with a hire date after mine, but have the same relative seniority, then it's fair. With the way hiring has went at NWA and DAL, it does appear that you may have some guys from Delta with a DOH after yours that may be senior to you. If you end up in the same relative position, I still don't see how you can say that isn't fair.

Rumors are rumors, and leave it at that.
I know it is driving people nuts, but like I said before there is a complete information black out.

"I can't wait to be SLC based bc he is a PHX commuter." Nice touch buddy keep your comments to your self and stay in DTW please.

That's my concern. I doubt many Delta guys are chomping at the bit to head to MSP or DTW. I think that every NWA commuter from the west coast will bid SLC/LAX. Then those of us who are junior and chose Delta to live out west will be commuting to MSP or DTW. I hope there are some base fences for at least 5 years until the old guys start leaving again.

I guess you did not read what I wrote. The numbers I put up, put me, NWA 80%ile 10yr Seniority, just below a DAL 100%ile in indoc.... I would loose 12% on the list and your indoc guy would be up 8%..."Fair" to anyone...

The rumored deal here looks like it is not the real deal. However, remember that DOH really doesn't mean much here. If you end up in a position that is relatively the same as the one you are currently in, then I don't see how it isn't fair. I'm at 93% on the current DAL list. I don't expect to be at 90% on a combined list nor do I expect to be at 97% on a combined list. If I end up behind somebody from NWA with a hire date after mine, but have the same relative seniority, then it's fair. With the way hiring has went at NWA and DAL, it does appear that you may have some guys from Delta with a DOH after yours that may be senior to you. If you end up in the same relative position, I still don't see how you can say that isn't fair.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back