From the DAL/NWA rumor mill

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That gets you way the heck ahead of me.

I still like the posted "Fair Plan" the best for a NWA merger. That way we do not end up with such stark contrasts between "winners" and "losers" at the bottom of the list. We can each decide individually when we bid out to the new list.

The "Fair Plan" is the best way to go.......but like the "Fair Tax" it likely won't happen.....

You see my lack of enthusiasm however for a pure staple though don't you?

Oh yea lets compare a highly complex problem to the Automobile. The -9 may be paid for but even if someone paid you to keep them they are still WAYYYYY more expensive to operate than a new 737, even if you include lease pymts on 737. Maint. is another huge expense. Not to mention oil which will cost hundreds of thousands per month per aircraft extra when compared to the new 737.

Why are NWA guys so delusional when talking about the economical viability of the DC-9????

I'll tell you:

"Trying to convince someone of the truth when the viability of his job depends on a lie is next to impossible."

B. Franklin

Max Powers - Since you seem to know the "truth" can you do me a favor and give us the economics of both the Delta B737 (including lease payments) and the NW DC9? Please include the DC9 maintenance costs that you refer to.

After you either don't respond, or spew out some non-sense, I will give you the actual numbers on the DC9 and research the data on the Delta B737-800.

Awesome.
Honestly it does not matter. You do not get to make a decision on what we fly either way.

Delta, Northwest Boards Meeting To Discuss Merger: CNBC

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...rds-meeting-discuss-merger-cnbc_561155_8.html

Christopher Hinton
MarketWatch Pulse

NEW YORK -- The board of directors of Northwest and Delta Air Lines were reportedly meeting Monday to discuss a possible merger plan, CNBC said Monday, citing people familiar with the matter. As previously reported, an announcement could be made as early as Tuesday, but so far Delta Chief Executive Richard Anderson has said he would not go forward with consolidation unless the pilots were on board. That could change, however, with the carriers agreeing to merger with or without pilots reaching a consensus on how to integrate their seniority lists, CNBC said. Shares of Delta rose 4% to $10.36 and shares of Northwest was down a fraction to $10.87.

Copyright © 2008 MarketWatch, Inc.

Awesome.
Honestly it does not matter. You do not get to make a decision on what we fly either way.
ACL65PILOT

Exactly, we have zero say in the whole a/c decision so why speculate. You can bet the bean counters and hedge fund guys aren't reading flightinfo.

I will say the DC9 -30 burns 6000lbs per hour at 30000feet and the -50 burns about 6400 lbs. Not really that much higher than the airbus moneywise esp. counting no leases. The maint. issues aren't that bad either.

And a 70 seat RJ burns 5600 lbs. per hr.
767 9000lbs per hr
757 7000 lbs per hr.
Suffice to say, it is only partly because of fuel

Awesome.
ACL65PILOT

Exactly, we have zero say in the whole a/c decision so why speculate. You can bet the bean counters and hedge fund guys aren't reading flightinfo.

I will say the DC9 -30 burns 6000lbs per hour at 30000feet and the -50 burns about 6400 lbs. Not really that much higher than the airbus moneywise esp. counting no leases. The maint. issues aren't that bad either.

737-700 4100lbs. per hour at 41,000 feet with full load. Hmmmmm you do the math on flying 12 hours per day plus TO and landings with my higher burns.

Latest resources

Back