• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freight dog vid...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Am I the only one who thinks going straight from flight instructor to an airline is a bit hasty? Seriously, flying single engine airplanes on nice VFR days to build hours doesnt exactly seem like worthy experience to be partly responsible for a few dozen lives. Personally I would much rather gain some experience flying myself and some boxes around in the soup before hauling people with me. Oh not to mention nothing is more degrading than taking some 8000 hour captains route for mere pennies on the dollar in a nice pretty little CRJ...the airline industry needs look at who the real dogs are.

Almerick07 said:
Am I the only one who thinks going straight from flight instructor to an airline is a bit hasty?

At least you mentioned flight instructor...ASA is hiring 600 hour wonders who haven't even done that.

These guys don't know the square root of f%@kall. They honestly don't know enough to realize they don't know what they need to know, you know?

Actually, it was. I think it was more like 32K to be more accurate. Do a search for my posts. You may be able to find that thread from way back..

Many pilots made more than 30K their first year at ACA. That was the day... Cancellation/conflict pay was very different back then.

Are you guys telling me that you taxi on those type of snow drifts on a regular basis during winter ops? You dont take any type of de-ice fluid with a decent holdover time when its snowing? Look at the video again. That taxiway isnt a few inches that wasnt unplowed. The snow drifts were splashing up on to the windshield...lol

It doesn't appear to be snowing very hard. I don't see snowflakes in the tractor's lights, or when he first starts taxiing out and the vis. doesn't look too terribly bad. A flurry here and there doesn't warrant getting sprayed with deice fluid.

Why don't you just worry about Mr. RJpilott and let the rest of us freight flying plebians go about our business, which you seem to know little about.

EatSleepFly said:
It doesn't appear to be snowing very hard. I don't see snowflakes in the tractor's lights, or when he first starts taxiing out and the vis. doesn't look too terribly bad. A flurry here and there doesn't warrant getting sprayed with deice fluid.

Why don't you just worry about Mr. RJpilott and let the rest of us freight flying plebians go about our business, which you seem to know little about.

You're not even in the same league as RJPilot, you should mind your manners and show some respect. He'd run circles around your asz in the sky!

as214 said:
You're not even in the same league as RJPilot, you should mind your manners and show some respect. He'd run circles around your asz in the sky!

Who'd want to be in the same league as RJ?

This is an example of the right time to push the envelope,

"It's not uncommon for us to find 200 mph gusts in Cat 5 storms. I've personally seen it a few times. We fly the storms at 10,000', penetrating the eyewall with the standard altimeter, 29.92, set. Pretty neat ride since it's a pressure altitude. As we hit the pressure center of the eye the absolute altitude (agl) will drop down more than 2,000', depending on the pressure. With Katrina's super low pressure I'm sure it's that much. Last night, when I flew it we saw the pressure drop from 940 to 934 millibars. We fly "alpha patterns;" entering the storm on intercardinal tracks (135, 225, 045, 315) and flying 105 nm legs from/to the eye on those tracks. As with my flight last night, we often don't encounter a lot of turbulence on the really strong storms since their winds are uniform. It's when they're just getting going and when they're weakening that we get a lot of turbulence since the windfield is uneven.

As far as the Superdome goes, it shouldn't have much trouble. It is a massive building and is round, which should bode well for wind deflection. The city can pump water out, true, but it's pumped into the Mississippi River, which stands a good chance of being flooded during the storm. It's gonna be a mess, regardless."

What this CASW pilot did was just dumb. And even more dumb to video it.

CaravanMan said:
Who'd want to be in the same league as RJ?

Aww.. come on Caravanman. We know you dream of wearing that polyester suit dragging your roller with bright shiny wings on your chest and some giggling FA on your arm. I mean you are flying what seems to be some nice airplanes for less than a McD's Janitor pay, and he doesnt have to pay 50% for health.. after.. what was it.. 90 days??? LOL

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back