Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AIR2MUD said:
snipped for brevity

I won't knock the hurricane hunters for what they do, because they do it well and it is definitely NOT your average, every-day jaunt to drop off trash somewhere (C-130s) or look for subs (P-3s).

However, the hurricane hunter folks I've talked to (all C-130 folks) to don't consider it 'pushing the envelope'. Their words, not mine. They train to do that specific mission, and they do it well. To them, it never becomes routine, but it's not 'let's go out and try this even though it's not safe' as you are suggesting those freight dogs are doing.

"It all depends on what part of the country you're in, and what part of the country you're from, as to just how stupid you are."

Obviously you've never done this type of flying, so just admit you're less of a man for not having done so, and drop it. What you consider 'pushing the envelope' is as natural for others as drinking a beer and smoking a Lucky. Don't try to limit the rest of us to your small, square view of the flying world.

"A man's got to know his limitations." I'm glad you're aware of what yours are, now shut up, junior, so the rest of us can do some real flying.

So you take the unplowed route to the runway too? Tell me you have tape.. i'd love to see it. lol

Freighters:

You're not going to be able to tell the RJ pilot what it's like to do this. No amount of ranting, rationale or reason gets through to people who are already committed to an opinion.

CASW:

Are they doing some PFT deal now? If so, that's a bummer.

RJPilott said:
You may want to tell that to some of these pilots flying for 1600 per month which paying 50% of their health. Although if you aint getting laid in a pilot uniform, there are bigger issues lurking. You'd be surprised how many pilot whores are out there. And im not talking about the ones working for 1600/mo.

So are you.. Look at your 70 seat pay rates! You may think they are ok. I think they suck.

Not only that, everything over 50 seats should be mainline flying anyway.

from coporate to a RJ ? are you outta ya mind?? or was it a corporate 172 ??

Flyingdutchman said:
So are you.. Look at your 70 seat pay rates! You may think they are ok. I think they suck.

Not only that, everything over 50 seats should be mainline flying anyway.

We dont have 70 seaters. Only 50 and 132.

Flyingdutchman said:
from coporate to a RJ ? are you outta ya mind?? or was it a corporate 172 ??

Go back and read.

Edit:
And you're right, i didnt want to go from Corp to a RJ, but our plane was sold and ACA was the only reasonable regional to go to at the time. Pay was decent with under a year for upgrade. Little did i know what position i would be in now.

Last edited:
A real freightdog video:

Footage of some balding dude, sitting by his Baron, Navajo, 99, MU-2 or whatever, standing in a snowstorm waiting for a van full of junk to show up. Set it to that "Dangerzone" song.

Music plays. The balding dude looks at his watch, checks to see if his deoderant is still working. Kelly McGillis walks into the FBO where she's eyed by some corporate exec who's returning from a golf trip to Myrtle Beach. The freight dog decides he can avoid using the toilet 'til his next destination. A truck shows up in the snow.

End.

Heh. After all that, I still think my job rocks.

My mistake. I mean your Airbus rates.

FD

RJPilott said:
Go back and read.

Nahhh way to tired for that :). And there is better stuff to do right now (like watching Elimidate)

FD

Latest resources

Back