Freight dog vid...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RJ -

Nothing against your company btw.. I think it is a great company, to bad live sucks for them right now. A good friend of mine used to work for them. If he would be your captain (and you would display the same attitude while flying as you do over here, he would bitch smack ya for sure)

I just think that you should go fly some more fr8. Instead of ‘some’ cargo flying you have done. I did my share of C310 flying over the rockies during winter time, single pilot.. Man, did I learn a lot during those flights.. You wanna know what the one thing is I have learned??? that i don't know sh*t, and i have a lot to learn!! And I keep reminding myself that little fact every time.

Remember, it's you attitude that determines your altitude in life.

Rgds,
FD

(cartoon network is no fun right now, tomorrow night James Bond at AMC !)

(ooops posted twice)

Flyingdutchman said:
RJ -

Nothing against your company btw.. I think it is a great company, to bad live sucks for them right now. A good friend of mine used to work for them. If he would be your captain (and you would display the same attitude while flying as you do over here, he would bitch smack ya for sure)

I just think that you should go fly some more fr8. Instead of ‘some’ cargo flying you have done. I did my share of C310 flying over the rockies during winter time, single pilot.. Man, did I learn a lot during those flights.. You wanna know what the one thing is I have learned??? that i don't know sh*t, and i have a lot to learn!! And I keep reminding myself that little fact every time.

Remember, it's you attitude that determines your altitude in life.

Rgds,
FD

(cartoon network is no fun right now, tomorrow night James Bond at AMC !)

Agreed, but after having a few frozen gear problems, a wheel grounded down to a semi-circle, and a handful of pilots plowing themselves into the earth, i'll take the type IV and the plowed taxiway to the runway every time. edit (under simliar conditions.. .before one of you Mavericks come back and think its done on CAVU days)

But i can tell you, i have bitch-slapped a few FO's for having a Top Gun moment.

Last edited:
RJPilott said:
But i can tell you, i have bitch-slapped a few FO's for having a Top Gun moment.

one word: CRM ;)

nuff' said. gotta go to bed!

FD

RJPilott said:
What does having boxes in the back or self-loading freight have to do with a choice for a taxi route and de-ice fluid? Obviously the airport had a plow, The runway was clear.

How do you know they didn't spray the airplane inside the hanger? Additionally, from what I could tell from the crappy quality of the video, it wasn't snowing that hard. If it was a cold airplane in a cold hanger, with a dry snow, it would blow off on the roll. The windows may have iced slightly before takeoff because with the cabin heat on, the windows heat up just enough to partially melt the snowflake(s), only to have them refreeze.

What's the biggy about taxiing on non-plowed taxiways? It wasn't so deep that they couldn't see the taxiway lighting. How do you know they didn't cycle the gear a few times after takeoff to get rid of most of the nasty stuff? If the airplane was cold and the snow was powdery, it's not likely to make the gear stick. News flash: following a heavy storm, some airport management folks won't plow ancilliary taxiways leading to private ramps, or sometimes only plow main taxiways required for 121 use. They get to the smaller stuff when they can. That's the deal at the airport we fly out of. In many years of doing these types of ops, we haven't had any problems doing what those guys did when we follow our winter weather ops procedures.

AIR2 -

Put that baby in bed, and give it a rest! your not going to win this one..
Go get a cold one (I'm buying).

FD

Flyingdutchman said:
AIR2 -

FD

You gotta admit though. That "Real Freightdog Video" narration was classic.

I almost spit my beer out all over my monitor when i read the words, "Set to that Dangerzone" song.

Nighty night all... and regardless of our differences, let all hope the best for our friends in the south, our ice problems seem to pale in comparison.

Talking about sitting by a cold airplane in the middle of nowhere somehow indicates that we're thoughtless or unprofessional? It sounds like you're trying to mask your incompetence with attacks on our professionalism. You spooked yourself one night in a 99. We all get ourselves in a little too deep sometimes, and we have a couple moments burned into our memories. Instead of admitting that you screwed up, as we all do, it seems like you're defending your ego by attacking other aviators. What's worse, you're coming down on a guy for doing things right.

You were a flight instructor. You'll remember that the FAA says that one of the qualities of a professional is that he's adaptive to flexible circumstances. Perhaps the pilots you're attacking are capable of handing things you're unwilling to think about? Who's really the professional here? Is it your FOs that deserve reprimands for "Top Gun moments", or are you unable to grasp advanced concepts?

I'm not following my own advice about driving points into thick heads. I'll let the RJ guy have the last word on this one.

Flyingdutchman said:
AIR2 -

FD

LMFAO! It's these dang slow-flow nipples (heh heh...I said nipples) on these newborn baby bottles. With the flow restriction I might as well be milking a cat.

Took me over an hour to get 5 ounces into this kid! Glad I can help the wife out, though...with me being on this backside of the clock schedule, she's getting some quality sleep...she's snoring as I type this.

Oh man, there is some nastiness going on in his diaper. GAS GAS GAS! Don and clear!

Take it easy, and I think I'll have a Fosters right after I change a diaper.

RJ before you go to bed... I want you to know that pr1cks like you drink beer by themselves.

Latest resources

Back