Freight dog vid...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NoPax said:
RJPILOTT...drop a sack and grow some eggs...this is normal winter on demand flying. I know the pilot, and the only issues I had with it were: two landing lights on during taxi, it says to use one in our manual tut tut, props RPM, and the fact the heater was on after crossing the FAF. I sense where this thread is being led by RJPilott so let me shed a little light on our accident record...

In twenty-five years, Central Air Southwest, has had 3 accidents involving 4 aircraft. One was a mid-air between two company airplanes, both pilots killed flying in formation (unauthorized of course); and the other two accidents were a result of flying in icing conditions in aircraft that were not approved for known ice. Both icing related accidents, the pilots walked away, and the aircraft had in excess of 3-4 inches of ice accumulated. The last accident was in 1993, and we haven't had one since, while averaging 15,000-20,000 hours per year - this info was supplied in the training manual.

As a result of two icing accidents the TKS system has been installed on all their aircraft (AC 500), and we are approved for Known Ice. During training we watch a video on icing procedures, and how the Commander faired during certification. The FAA in fact put the incorrect nozzle on their ice-making King Air, and as a result the icing was much greater than expected, yet the Commander still passed.

The windshield is only protected on the left side - those holes you could see on the left side - and we aren't allowed to use it during takeoff or landing, as it causes obscuration making it difficult to judge depth.

We have to check like all 135 operators allowed to operate in known ice, that the 'critical surfaces' ie wings, horizontal and vertical stabilizers, flight controls, and windshield are uncontaminated within 5 minutes prior to departure

Don't insult Mr. Hoover! I didn't see an 8 point hesitation roll, followed by a loop with one engine - could definately hear both turning when he taxied in. By the way, it was probably a mounted camera, the guy is an amateur photographer, and it was on regular route - you can't fly traffic patterns when its IFR...

Finally, there is no 'easy-button' on the aircraft - we hand fly them, and are approved for 1800RVR ops.

It's not for everyone I'll agree.

OH, SNAP!!!

while I never flew for CASW, i worked for a similar company a couple years ago, and I'm just glad I don't have to do that anymore.

those were the good 'ol days...

BushwickBill said:
I didn't see if that guy cycled the gear a few times after take off but it would take care of the problem our hysterical friend keeps getting "stuck" on. HAAHAHAAH

Oh geeze. Another Chuck Yeager. And with all types of experience i see.... lol

How many times you cycle the gear in that 152 of yours? AHAHAHAHA...

Im guessing that C525 experience comes from the Lav seat on a .8 MAF? Do you know what an MAF is?

Last edited:
I'm with NoPax on this one. RJPilott, grow a set of balls and quit yapping already. You stated previously "And i have done many seasons in the Northeast and Southern Canada flying King Air's and Chieftains. Never did something like that." So, were you a fair weather charter pilot, only came out on sunny, blue sky days? A bit of cloud cover or a snow flake and you cancelled the trip to stay home? Geez, quit being such a whiny pu$$y and go back to your shiny CRJ. I flew cancelled checks for a couple of years in known ice certified C-310s... what you see in the video was pretty much standard ops for many winter nights over OMA, DSM, MSP, MKC, MDW, etc. It's really not that big a deal.

You also stated "You'll learn that as you get more experience flying IMC... lol"... dude, don't be a prick. Were you ever a freight dog? I didn't think so; don't be so condescending to a guy that's out there earning a living in crappy weather, night after night.

Idiot.

jbDC9 said:
So, were you a fair weather charter pilot, only came out on sunny, blue sky days? A bit of cloud cover or a snow flake and you cancelled the trip to stay home? Idiot.

No, we wait till a taxi route was plowed (or took a plowed route) and got some type IV. Kind of what you do in the 737... right??? lol

Or does your company allow departures without ice protection while frozen precip is falling.

Last edited:
It's really amazing to me how some guys even became pilots when they obviously don't have the bakks for it. I would probably get the same reaction if I posted some videos of flying under wires, etc. Flying is by nature a demanding and sometimes dangerous business. Please don't sit there and call someone reckless just because you don't have that kind of experience and skill.

I may have lived say in a place with worse weather for more than a couple of years and worked a non flying aviation job to pay for my ratings?

Maybe I have friends with more time flying weather worse than that than the dollar amount you spent on PFT?

I could have possibly worked at an industrial site that was only accessable by aircraft all year?

Thing is you have no freakin clue what my background is.

Someday when I give a freak I'll update my total and what I'm currently doing.

I know your probably getting antsy to flame someone again but if you could please take the time to answer this I would greatly appreciate it.

Why would the guy make a video while doing something unsafe - because he wanted to make a document that could end his career?

I dont give a rats a*s what MAF is...

MX Acceptance Flight.

I wonder how CASW POI would feel about that video.

oh, and i dont fly an RJ anymore...

PFT, you're trying to make this a PFT argument? I spent 3,500 on my Commercial multi Instrument, CFI II MEI. Its good to have connections. I agree. Pumped alot of gas to get them.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back