Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freedom loses all 50 seat flying for Delta.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[/b]
Thats the problem, its like when a man beats a woman everyone says why'd she stay with him. Same with the Mesa pilots, they all knew how bad it was, yet they took the job. Also did or did not the pilots of Mesa agree to that great contract?

I don't understand why anyone would go there now. but it wasn't always the absolute worst regional ever. Alot of guys have so much seniority that it would be tough to leave. Some people went there because they didn't know what they were getting into because it was their first airline job. Others didn't want to commute. You get the idea.

As far as the contract is concerned, you remember the post 9/11 environment right? And JO starting Freedom because of the scope clause with UsAir...that was why Freedom was founded. Mesa signed a contract with HP for airplanes bigger than the US scope clause allowed. They gave up alot to get Freedom back in house.

You shouldn't knock on the guys that have been there for awhile. Alot got smart and got out. It's these guys that are going there right now that I don't get.

Over the years mesa has held regional wages down, and put more workers out of work than you realize. I was with ACA and I was based in ORD, then IAD. When UAL went bankrupt, Bain Capital (UAL bk consultants) pointed to ACA / AWAC / SKYW, and laid out the new contract rates. They went through the books line by line. Pilot wages...too expensive. Hotels....too expensive. Paper for the copier...too expensive. (i'm not kidding)

We had to meet Mesa prices or be shown the door. ACA had guts and exited UAL with dignity. I eventualy lost my job, and it's funny; I don't remember any Mesa pilots feeling sympthathy for the 1700 ACA pilots that lost their jobs.....because of Mesa.

If Mesa didn't undercut everyone so bad, ACA and AWAC would still be UAL carriers. So sorry, I won't be shedding any tears.

I think in time you'll find out that most other regionals are far better. They even provide single occupancy accomadations on stand ups!

Exactly. Having been furloughed from ACA after being on the losing end of the "Bain Process" and then seeing my career expectations greatly impeded at Comair, I find it hard to muster any sympathy for Mesa Air Group pilots--particularly anyone who has joined the company in the last 5 years during the "explosive growth" period.

[/b]
Thats the problem, its like when a man beats a woman everyone says why'd she stay with him. Same with the Mesa pilots, they all knew how bad it was, yet they took the job. Also did or did not the pilots of Mesa agree to that great contract?

you must work at comair

Exactly. Having been furloughed from ACA after being on the losing end of the "Bain Process" and then seeing my career expectations greatly impeded at Comair, I find it hard to muster any sympathy for Mesa Air Group pilots--particularly anyone who has joined the company in the last 5 years during the "explosive growth" period.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe you are the reason for your " greatly impeded career expectations"? It's called capitalisim, Mesa will be out of business soon enough, then what will your excuse be?

This is the most immature thread I've seen in awhile. Infighting and bickering between pilots like this is just not right. No one wants to see someone else lose their jobs. Mesa pilots aren't responsible for management decisions at their airline nor anyone else's. Be pissed all you want at JO and the Crytal Palace, but quit blaming Mesa Pilots...these guys have been taking it on the chin for years now and deserve better.

Welcome to the Regionals Forum. Home of the "My crappy regional is better than your crappy regional, who has the hottest flight attendants, Mesa Sucks, No SkyWest sucks, No RAH sucks, look at the ******bag on myspace, riddle sucks, learn how to talk on the radio, leather jackets suck, hats suck, ipods suck, hair gel sucks, back packs suck" threads. Come on in the water's fine. Just brush up on the lingo here before you come. Here's some words to research: tool, ******bag and tard. Good luck and welcome!

Last edited:
Welcome to the Regionals Forum. Home of the "My crappy regional is better than your crappy regional, who has the hottest flight attendants, Mesa Sucks, No SkyWest sucks, No RAH sucks, look at the ******bag on myspace, riddle sucks, learn how to talk on the radio, leather jackets suck, hats suck, ipods suck, hair gel sucks, back packs suck" threads. Come on in the water's fine. Just brush up on the lingo here before you come. Here's some words to research: tool, ******bag and tard. Good luck and welcome!

Damn there goes this thread. Ever notice when you call "bull$hit" no one wants to be next. I think I will read the rest of this thread later.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back