Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freedom loses all 50 seat flying for Delta.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe it was announced that Freedom was to start flying for Delta prior to Delta entering Bk. The actual flying didn't start til a month into the BK, but the decision was made before the judge was involved.

Noone sleeps on the plane. That was just a rumor and instead of researching to find out if it was true or not, you just ran with it. Geez, I hope you don't do your preflights like you run your piehole boy.

THIS IS SO FLAGRANTLY INACCURATE THAT YOU MUST EITHER BE MANAGEMENT OR AN UTTER FOOL.

Mesa flight crews sleep on the plane because those 2 hours in the wee hours of the morning plus the 4-5 hours at home are the only way to cumulatively get something like 8 hours of sleep a day.

I can personally attest to 2 years worth of this at Mesa. I've seen crewmembers in their jammies, flight attendants sleeping in aisles, one guy who brought a cot for the jetway, and passengers boarding while everyone was still sleeping in the back of the plane. The SINGLE hotel room for 4 crewmembers was NEVER booked, because no one ever used it . . . who wants to go to hotel with a gay FA and watch him/her strip to their underwear?

I despise ad hominen attacks. However, if the shoe fits . . . .

MORON.

Last edited:
I believe it was announced that Freedom was to start flying for Delta prior to Delta entering Bk. The actual flying didn't start til a month into the BK, but the decision was made before the judge was involved.

You are right. In May 2005 Mesa agreed to take over D328 payments from Delta in exchange for an "Connection" contract. That contract called for Freedom to fly 30 EMB-145s. Delta filed bankruptcy in September 2005. In March 2006 Mesa signed a contract to fly 12 Dash 8s and in March 2007 they amended their agreement to fly 6 additional EMB-145s and 14 CRJ-900s. This was almost a direct replacement of Comair flying, which at the time, was decreasing. During Bankruptcy Comair lost 12 CRJ-700s to ASA/Skywest and a significant number of CRJ-200s which were retired (Skywest ended up buying many for their Midwest operation).

This is the most immature thread I've seen in awhile. Infighting and bickering between pilots like this is just not right. No one wants to see someone else lose their jobs. Mesa pilots aren't responsible for management decisions at their airline nor anyone else's. Be pissed all you want at JO and the Crytal Palace, but quit blaming Mesa Pilots...these guys have been taking it on the chin for years now and deserve better.

This is the most immature thread I've seen in awhile. Infighting and bickering between pilots like this is just not right. No one wants to see someone else lose their jobs. Mesa pilots aren't responsible for management decisions at their airline nor anyone else's. Be pissed all you want at JO and the Crytal Palace, but quit blaming Mesa Pilots...these guys have been taking it on the chin for years now and deserve better.

Thats the problem, its like when a man beats a woman everyone says why'd she stay with him. Same with the Mesa pilots, they all knew how bad it was, yet they took the job. Also did or did not the pilots of Mesa agree to that great contract?

Let's hope Mesa ends up on the street as well.... Aloha, ATA and Mesa shut down.... hmmm, that's a total of almost 3,000 pilots, plenty with experience on the market. I feel bad for anyone else working at a regional. They'll be stuck for a long time...

[/b]
Thats the problem, its like when a man beats a woman everyone says why'd she stay with him. Same with the Mesa pilots, they all knew how bad it was, yet they took the job. Also did or did not the pilots of Mesa agree to that great contract?

Yeah it just like that. Has any other airline ever had a bad contract and then raised themselves above?
or has everyone started with all these incredible contracts I see?.....the US air pilot contract is a joke and they are oncontract....what....15,16?
We are on contract #2.

Well Put. A lot of these posters on here just sit back and talk trash behind a keeyboard. And know not what they say. But when it comes to them riding in our jump-seat, all you hear is "Hey captain do you mind if I can hitch a ride home?" Come talking this trash at my flightdeck door and see how far you will get.But I would respect you for having the guts to stick by your guns and expressing your own opinion. But once again, If anybody has a problem with the MAG pilot group. You can Meet me tomorrow at Gate 25 in the Delta terminal and we can discuss.
I agree guys. Those posers dont know wht they are talking about and if Mesa had called them first they would have went. That being said, MESA SUCKS. I left right at the contracts end and have not looked back. I understand most cannot leave because they have families and obligations, but it sounds to me that those issues may come up anyway now because I see a furlough coming.

THIS IS SO FLAGRANTLY INACCURATE THAT YOU MUST EITHER BE MANAGEMENT OR AN UTTER FOOL.

Mesa flight crews sleep on the plane because those 2 hours in the wee hours of the morning plus the 4-5 hours at home are the only way to cumulatively get something like 8 hours of sleep a day.

I can personally attest to 2 years worth of this at Mesa. I've seen crewmembers in their jammies, flight attendants sleeping in aisles, one guy who brought a cot for the jetway, and passengers boarding while everyone was still sleeping in the back of the plane. The SINGLE hotel room for 4 crewmembers was NEVER booked, because no one ever used it . . . who wants to go to hotel with a gay FA and watch him/her strip to their underwear?

I despise ad hominen attacks. However, if the shoe fits . . . .

MORON.

You are so full of ******************** it amazes me that your airplane will even take off.

You are so full of ******************** it amazes me that your airplane will even take off.

Being full of ********** is a prerequisite for frequent flightinfo posting, I'm afraid. :)

I sometimes think that the I.Q. of a poster has an inversely proportional relationship to the number of posts put up by said user.

(As I'm nearing 1000 posts, this doesn't bode well for me.)

That said, the sheer stupidity of the Mesa "camping trip" cannot be denied. I'd love to hear how I'm wrong though.

Latest resources

Back