Fractional Minimums

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

I just talked to a guy who talked to the CS Chief Pilot. He told me that CS was looking for 6000-6500 hours to be competitive.

CLiff
YIP

atpcliff said:
Hi!

I just talked to a guy who talked to the CS Chief Pilot. He told me that CS was looking for 6000-6500 hours to be competitive.

CLiff
YIP

1500 is competetive for a job at the regionals and the pay isn't that much different

viper548 said:
1500 is competetive for a job at the regionals and the pay isn't that much different

My point exactly!!! How can they expect to recruit and keep pilots with such high mins and such lousy pay.....

They are still getting people, but not like they use to. Call NJA and ask management the same question. I am sure they will put some sort of spin on it for you!

Well Flight Options has a plan to retain the best and the brightest in the industry. Too bad that doesn't apply to pilots just former airline management. We also have a fanatical attention to detail. We fanatically can't keep track of anything. We will distinguish ourselves from our competitors with better customer service. Have you seen the inside of some of our aircraft lately.? Glad Im not spending big bucks to ride on some of them. All that being said we do get a fuel savings gift card every quarter, yippee!!!!!!!

Humphrey - Looking at airline pay wesite, it doesn't look like C Shares pays that much better....especially in the long run...and when you say "paid quite well" I am sure you mean given the present state of the industry, because what they are paid is actually a pretty lousy amount!

ATCCFI...you're not looking at the whole picture.

Last edited:
Citationshares starting pay is 2 - 3 times better than regionals. plus annual raises, plus bonuses and the best per diem anywhere.

In addition everone have a 7 on 7 off schedule.

I made more the first year at CS than I did as an 8 year captain flying turboprops 20 days a month.

Latest resources

Back