Fractional Minimums

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Atccfi

I don't mean any disrespect or want this to be flame bait, but I have a serious question. I was looking at the minimums of a few fracts. (NJ, Flt ops, CIt Shrs) and they all seem to be pretty high. Especially when you take into account their low pay. Considering everyone on this board pretty much seems to hate working at all these places how can they expect to hire and maintain quality pilots? Or better yet, why would a pilot with that much time subject themselves to such treatment? Again, no disrespect.... just a thought. Thx, ATCCFI

Atccfi said:
Considering everyone on this board pretty much seems to hate working at all these places how can they expect to hire and maintain quality pilots?

Not "everybody on this board" and not "all these places" are unhappy where they work. There are some of us that are content.

X

At Flexjet, the pilot minimum quals are written into the contract with the owners (I'm told). Absolutely unbreakable or face a "breach of contract" suit.

Actually, CitationShares pilots are paid quite well. Everyone seems to be happy there. They also have the best attitude of any of the other pilot groups that I meet on the road.

The people at NJA are great. There are a couple of turds, but what company doesn't have them. For the most part, everyone I run across in this company are good people. Some tours I love the job and others I hate myself for ever coming here! They "scheduling" will work you like a 2 dollar whore if you let them. They don't care if you get rest or not. If they could, they would work you 14 and 10 for 7 straight days. All they care about is covering trips. Which they should, it's their job. I don't blame scheduling, it's the f%$#ed up management that keeps overselling the company. Things will change for the better at NJA or we will just go away.

Atccfi said:
I don't mean any disrespect or want this to be flame bait, but I have a serious question. I was looking at the minimums of a few fracts. (NJ, Flt ops, CIt Shrs) and they all seem to be pretty high. Especially when you take into account their low pay. Considering everyone on this board pretty much seems to hate working at all these places how can they expect to hire and maintain quality pilots? Or better yet, why would a pilot with that much time subject themselves to such treatment? Again, no disrespect.... just a thought. Thx, ATCCFI
''

Sensitive topic man...you will find some hardcore threads on this forum talking about this very thing...moreso the pay issue though. It is interesting though...

XTW said:
Not "everybody on this board" and not "all these places" are unhappy where they work. There are some of us that are content.

X

X -Sorry for the generalization. maybe it just seems as if the vast majority is unhappy.

Humphrey - Looking at airline pay wesite, it doesn't look like C Shares pays that much better....especially in the long run...and when you say "paid quite well" I am sure you mean given the present state of the industry, because what they are paid is actually a pretty lousy amount!

Regardless, thank you all for the feedback.

Last edited:
Yeah, what is up with C-Shares paying the same for the next 10 years? Any bonus $$$? What is the incentive?

Latest resources

Back