• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Former Freedumb A lister gets booted...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are some names you just don't forget and DO is one of them. I flight instructed with that guy... What an absolute moron. I lost track of him after the whole Freedom A list fiasco and figured he would be managing a gas station by now. Sadly, I was mistaken; nevertheless, it is good to hear he is not currently endangering the flying public.

Are you talking about Uganda Dave? He could make a 3 day trip seem like an 8 day trip.

OP used to run EVERYWHERE. I remember joking with him... "Hey... the lions don't chase you in this country... you can WALK!"

His whole career really is a shame. I knew him BEFORE he started pissing people off. I never thought much of his flying skills, but enjoyed having him around the instructor bays. He always managed to make me smile a bit when I saw him. When his name turned up on the Freedom list, I was pretty disappointed. Sins against my profession will never be forgotten. I guess its back to running from the lions. CYA OP!

Last edited:
Are you talking about Uganda Dave? He could make a 3 day trip seem like an 8 day trip.

We are indeed. There is only one.

I recall he was fired from AE while still in training, or so the story went. Something about being hammered, a dashiki and an impromtu concert at 1 in the morning in a hotel lobby.

I too remember the running. Craziest thing you ever saw... Literally sprinting from place to place like his arse was on fire, but with a big grin on his face. That grin would disappear when he was with a student, he had a certain Idi Amin demeanor in an instructional setting. I remember being pretty confused when he started doing stage checks.

Heard he's interviewing for a position at ALPA National. He might give Prater a run for his money.

I too remember the running. Craziest thing you ever saw... Literally sprinting from place to place like his arse was on fire, but with a big grin on his face.

Ha! I totally remember that!

I remember DO, what a Dbag.... wasn't the most enjoyable instructor to do a checkride with

Wow...was just talking about him with the other pilot this last week. I remember when he got into a fist fight with a student in Daytona. He was notorious in the business. He always made me smile but always seemed to find himself in trouble. I still dont know how he went from airline to airline like he did. What did he do to get fired from PCL? I saw him when he was a FO at PCL....then the next thing you know, he was out of a job. Never did know why he was let go there but I do know that he treated my students like crap when he was a flight instructor.

Latest resources

Back