• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Former Freedumb A lister gets booted...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When was this guy at Riddle? I vaguely remember someone of his description trying to do a checkout at another flight school in DAB (would be early/mid 90's) in a Bellanca Viking. Could be wrong, though. It was almost 20 years ago now....

Peace.

Rekks

If he is who I think he is, didn't he also claim to have some time in a 737 with a defunct airline from East Africa somewhere?

I took my instrument checkride at Riddle w/ him in 98. We were taxiing out and I noticed he was feverishly writing something. During my takeoff roll, he reached over and put what he was drawing over my heading indicator. It was a "sketch" of yours truly's face. What a db.

I'll always remember him screaming.. "What are you doing mon?? You're SCARING me MON!"

Glad to see karma's caught up. Couldn't have happened to a nicer db.

I remember him doing instructor checkouts when I got hired at ERAU. He was yelling so bad at my flight partner (while I was sitting in the back) that I went to the chief pilot (KD, for those who remember) and told him what was up.

Funny, upbeat guy until you got into a flight deck.....

Why is this in the LCC/Nationals? Republic is just another crappy regional.

By the way as far as the story goes, we all have to thank ERAU for turning out another quality gem for the industry.

By the way as far as the story goes, we all have to thank ERAU for turning out another quality gem for the industry.

As opposed to you and what school do you hail from? ATP?

Hey... easy there GOATjetter. OP (I think) wasn't a product of Riddle. Think he came there to instruct after being trained elsewhere. Either way... he simply falls into the 2% rule. You are probably familiar with that 'eh?

Hey, you have to admire a guy who is remembered so well by so many. Anybody can get a job, to have legendary status, good or bad, is priceless!

Latest resources

Back