• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Former AWA Pilot writes the truth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The West pilots accepted Nic putting 517 Widebody pilots on the top of the list. Using the same logic, the RJ pilots should go on the bottom, right?

It is pointless to argue this.

The only thing that is fact, is there will be no DFR until there is a contract.
Then the West will start DFR 2 and have to prove how they were harmed. (remember no harm, no DFR. IE not ripe)

End of story. Battling back and forth on these boards in a complete exercise in futility.

So at this point you would think that all pilots would want a new contract, because...

We all need a better contract.

Other than seniority we all agree we need a new contract.

The West cant sue until they have been harmed, again NOT RIPE.

It is pointless to argue this.

That it is.

The West and East pilots accepted the Nicolau Award when they both separately ratified the Transition Agreement. Like it or not, the Nicolau Award was the result of the application of ALPA Merger Policy.

The East led USAPA wants to change the language in the Transition Agreement and the Company is all too happy to oblige. However, it becomes a legal issue to change a three-party document with only two parties consent. The third party, the West still exists, yet no longer has it's own separate legal representation.

Eventually, after all of the wasted dollars, pent up emotions and legal rangling run it's course, the majority of the US Airways pilots will have a choice:

A joint contract with the Nicolau Award or Separate Operations under LOA 93/AWA Contract 2003

It will be up to the individual pilot to decide.

FR8Master said:
The West cant sue until they have been harmed, again NOT RIPE.
You restate the obvious but then ignore the obvious: the company's suit for declaratory judgment. If all goes well it will obviate the need for a DFR 2 suit. Like Judge Wake, Judge Silver seems to see exactly what USAPA is trying to do -- and how wrong it is.

You restate the obvious but then ignore the obvious: the company's suit for declaratory judgment. If all goes well it will obviate the need for a DFR 2 suit. Like Judge Wake, Judge Silver seems to see exactly what USAPA is trying to do -- and how wrong it is.

Well then I guess it's all settled then

So why are we still talking about it?

The West is so convinced that they are going to win, then what is the point of the constant " well you said, well she said, well they did this, well you did that.. Enough already

Page after freakin page of bashing everything East all the while claiming its the East pilots that are angry.

You claim to have nothing to worry about, well act like it.

Well then I guess it's all settled then.
Last I checked it's still in the courts.
So why are we still talking about it?
Ask your colleague who started this thread.
The West is so convinced that they are going to win, then what is the point of the constant " well you said, well she said, well they did this, well you did that.. Enough already
We're not convinced we're going to to win, we're convinced the law is on our side. If there's justice we'll win.
Page after freakin page of bashing everything East all the while claiming its the East pilots that are angry.
Both sides are angry. The West's anger stems from the East's actions while the East's anger stems from, well, just about everything.
You claim to have nothing to worry about, well act like it.
I made no such claim. The Easties give all people with integrity something to worry about.

TWA Dude nails it on the head that West pilots are angry at East pilots actions towards West pilots while the East pilots are angry at everyone in the world including their fellow union brothers. When this is ever done, the West pilots will accept the outcome and move on with life, but the East pilots will bitch about the outcome forever. By the way, I was running in downtown CLT last week and saw the opening of the new Ronald McDonald house on Queens. Imagine if all this money we spent on fighting went to building this house and creating good in the world. But then again, Sehem and Cleary would be not as well off.

Then your vision is severely myopic. A federal court jury agreed.
wrong. All I want is for binding arbitration to be binding. I didn't think that was asking for too much.

Come on TWA Dude, it's the same thing...the nic puts Dave (2 months of service) as my E190 captain and some of the captains I now fly with will be his FO too and no matter how many times you say "binding" we find that dispicable and worth fighting for. Ya we might eventually lose but we will always feel it was worth it. Time is on our side. I really believe the companies suit won't do what they want...absolve them of any future lidigation concerning a unions right to negotiate a contract so we will indeed go to DFR II and that will take years and years. I know that delays your 330 seat but you'll get there and long after I'm dead (I know you wish that was now) you will be a wide body captain.

Oh, I get it now. This is just like USAPA's response to the Leonidas Brochure series....This is about AGE DISCRIMINATION. That's all. USAPA's argument was all about Ferguson's age and seat he could hold under the Nicolau

Based on these arguments, it sounds like you would be in favor of a DATE OF BIRTH seniority list. Right?

Sorry Charlie, but the court system will finish this. I'm gonna take a wild stab and guess that you won't like the results from that entity either. The difference is that this will be final and binding....really final and binding.

Yes DOB sounds good to me. I don't agree with DOH but I have only two choices here, that or the nic so I gotta go with USAPA on this one. Sorry Charlie...oh wait I'm Charlie.

Interesting. You're arguing the fairness of the Nic and I'm arguing the integrity of living up to your obligations. I don't care if you think the nic is fair. Both sides entered arbitration expecting the other to abide by it. Grow up.

Latest resources

Back