• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Former AWA Pilot writes the truth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is good stuff; post after post, slamming, insulting, wishing bad luck, and anything else that can be thought up in a negative light against the East.... All followed by... wait for it... "because the East pilots are angry"

"yep, irony can be pretty ironic sometimes"

All followed by... wait for it... "because the East pilots are angry"

"yep, irony can be pretty ironic sometimes"

No irony. The East's anger stems from how crappy their careers have turned out. The West's anger stems from the East taking it out on us. George Nicolau gave both sides exactly what they're entitled to.

Sort of like your Eric Ferguson - he solely took the address's and social security numbers illegally, he formed AOL and you guys have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars - yup- he a great leader - what has he gotten for the west? except lawsuits and stagnation

Metrojet

lies. E.F. Requested a seniority list from the company and THEY GAVE him one. Seniority lists are not confidential information to pilots of the same airline. What has E.F. Done? He single handedly stopped you from shoving your career cancer into somebody else. Don't blame him or the west for your loa93 paycheck however. That was your choice to stay on it a minimum of 8 YEARS longer than you had to. Congrats. You got what you wanted.

Mike Cleary is a mentally Ill lunatic. On his best day, he isn't a nano-particle the man Eric Ferguson is.

No irony. The East's anger stems from how crappy their careers have turned out. The West's anger stems from the East taking it out on us. George Nicolau gave both sides exactly what they're entitled to.

GMAFB!!! You clowns were about to go bankrupt if it wasnt for Lakefield hooking up with Parker! And you know it!

Really you need to educate yourselve on the hole process and how it went down. Project Zanzabar ring a bell?

ANd this rookie America Worst poster who started this thread just shows who is the greedy one. You guys are unbelievable!

GMAFB!!! You clowns were about to go bankrupt if it wasnt for Lakefield hooking up with Parker! And you know it!

Really you need to educate yourselve on the hole process and how it went down. Project Zanzabar ring a bell?

ANd this rookie America Worst poster who started this thread just shows who is the greedy one. You guys are unbelievable!

Ha! I think every single west pilot knows exactly what you easties idea of the "hole" process is. Unfortunately for you, The Federal Court system is going to be placing the nicalau award in your own soon enough.

Nice try though. Btw you "clowns" were ACTUALLY BANKRUPT AND SWIRLING THE TOILET BOWL OF EXISTENCE when Doug Parker and THE WEST PILOTS SAVED YOUR NO INTEGRITY ASSES!!!

Hahahahahahaha!!! You're one sorry individual. :p

I'll GYAFB when you give us a FB. Until then we'll keep fighting for what we're entitled to: the binding arbitration.
You clowns were about to go bankrupt if it wasnt for Lakefield hooking up with Parker! And you know it!
As Mr. Nicolau put it,
"[FONT=&quot]The US Airways [/FONT][FONT=&quot]reliance on post-merger statements by America West's CEO, clearly [/FONT][FONT=&quot]made to assuage growing concerns of America West pilots who had [/FONT][FONT=&quot]seen a post-merger end to hiring, an increasing return of long [/FONT][FONT=&quot]furloughed US Airways pilots and a flattening in their own [/FONT][FONT=&quot]advancement, is misplaced."

And:
"[/FONT]
Yet, it cannot be disputed that there were differences in the financial condition of both carriers and that US Airways was the weaker. This necessarily means that career expectations differed and that US Airways pilots had more to gain from the merger than their new colleagues."

That's what I know. You know something more?
Really you need to educate yourselve on the hole process and how it went down.
What "process" would you be referring to? I was paying very close attention and this wasn't my first merger.
Project Zanzabar ring a bell?
Sure. Mr. Nicolau was supplied with financial data from each side. Re-read the quote from him above.
ANd this rookie America Worst poster who started this thread just shows who is the greedy one.
Might want to check again on who started this thread before spouting off again.
You guys are unbelievable!
I know, people with integrity seem pretty unbelievable to those without.

As an outsider lowly regional pilot with no stake in AWA or US Air, I can't help but wonder a few things. One, US Air is stuck with arguably the worse contract out there for similar equipment, and will continue to be stuck under this contract so as long as the integration (list) issue is present. By hanging onto a thread of hope called DOH, what is US Air really trying to get for itself? Numbers speak for themselves, and a HUGE portion of East guys will be hitting retirement due to Age 65 in the next 10 years. At some point, my math concludes that the number of west pilots and the east guys who want to move on will exceed the east guys stuck on DOH. Once that happens, the balance will shift. Am I correct so far?

If so, I don't understand why the holdup by still adhering to DOH. A majority of Easties are, arguably, in the last few years of their careers, many of them less than 10 years to go. This is the point you should be trying to rake in the $ and put away stuff in the 401k/IRA. As an outsider, to me it seems like these guys are just shooting themselves in the foot, and trying to hold off a train that inevitably is coming and unstoppable. Might as well jump on that train and get the advancement (contractually) they can before they hit retirement.

And what are the chances any other group wouldn't staple the east to prove a point that none of us appreciate how they hold our industry down

Nobody can staple anyone legally, they would have to agree to it. BUT..... if the USAPA pilots ever merges with anyone they have sure shot themselves in the foot concerning career expectations!
I also thinks it's safe to say the NIC award is the binding list that would have to be used if they ever wanted to be integrated with anyone. Couple that with their reduced career expectations and they would pretty much come out on the short end of any merger stick.

Latest resources

Back