• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For the CRJ pilots at XJET

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With prefbid I get three four day trips a month with 18 days off and a block of 7-10 days off each month. On vacation months I do 2 4-day trips and get 20 days in a row. And you don't have to be real senior to do it if pairings are credited high enough and the company is fair with the credit window.

No, I don't want globalization. It's an inferior system.

Same with our line bidding system but that's not cost competitive so get on board.;)

A couple of points.

First and most important, there will be no practice runs with different bidding systems before a TA vote. You will only get to practice the system voted in. Then, it will not be very good represention if people choose not to play.

Second, xjt mec wants to embrace a globalization system is to protect there "relative junior" pilots. I know full well we have not negotiated anything with seniority lists. But, it is in managements and the more junior group's interest to marginalize seniority benefits. If you create a system that does that, then you don't need to fight as hard in list integration.

There will be real live runs on smartpref. And the fact that it uses globalization has nothing to do with protecting anyone. Anyway, I thought you guys didnt like that your MEC only protects the senior guys?

There will be real live runs on smartpref. And the fact that it uses globalization has nothing to do with protecting anyone. Anyway, I thought you guys didnt like that your MEC only protects the senior guys?

Wanna bet? The first time you will see smartpref live is if its voted in. We never saw flightline live until after it got voted in. We only played with Virgin Americas prior to voting. Flightline refused to commit programming cost until they had the contract and then it took months to do. Globalization marginalizes seniority. I have endured my time to achieve what little I have and have no intention of giving it up a schedule I could have had for what be fit better with someone Jr. You might want to rethink your position.

We have to go forward with contract rules that work for us when we are perpetually short staffed. Globalization would be great for the company and the Jr peps. I do not want a schedule where every month your doing what fits best for the company. Sorry.

Once again from my 15 years with SKYW, if you vote in PBS you will be hosed beyond your wildest nightmares. The reason they haven't exercised the cornhole feature yet, is they need everybody onboard and playing before the engage the cornholing feature. If you don't have vacation and sick time accrual increases you will find that your vacations will be drastically shorter, with trips touching both sides of your vacation. Since PBS came onboard my vacations all have had this wonderful feature. Without transparency the company can adjust the flying without telling anyone, your schedule just increases to FAR limits with no recourse, except sick calling. You guys haven't enjoyed the full wrath of Brad yet, once he gets everything hammered down and in place he will get the game plan from the F&H head office and you will feel exactly what is possible. If you read your 10Q carefully you will find Ford & Harrison ( http://www.fordharrison.com/ ). SKYW Airlines pilots has had the dubious pleasure during multiple union drives. Watch this series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-0gxca-VxM the not so funny thig is you will see everything in the playbook almost exactly too a tee as described.
You junior guys who think PBS is the shiznit wait until those senior to you figger out how to bid effectively, I experience this every month and I am fairly senior in my base. I figgered out that bidding for a high paying local on either end of a decent paying 2 or 3 day yielded a 28+ hour work week, or adding one of those high paying local to an OK 4 day meant 3 5 day work blocks a month. Problem is the guys senior to me saw what some of us were doing and jumped on the band wagon, I am now back doing 22 hr 4 day trips with the occasional 18 beauty thrown in. Message is PBS in any form is a concession, otherwise why would management want it so bad? If they want it, ask yourself whats their angle. In SKYW's case it means they want ultimate control of your schedule, do you want to give it to them blindly?

Message is PBS in any form is a concession, otherwise why would management want it so bad? If they want it, ask yourself whats their angle.

I like the PBS over the line-bidding we used to have. Much more flexibility. But, it is only as good as the work rules behind it. The L-XJT guys have a valid point. Their work rules are different from ours (read: better).

On the other hand, I believe their experience with PBS comes from what they hear from the poster-child of what NOT to do with PBS (see Continental's system).

PBRstreetgang speaks words of wisdom. If mgmt wants something so badly, ask yourself, "Why?" Anything mgmt wants usually comes at the pilot's expense.

Both sides need to work together and hammer out this contract maturely and professionally. Get the work rules figured out first. Then work on the bidding system. If we work together, we'll have a kick-ass contract and a powerful pilot group.

Once again from my 15 years with SKYW, if you vote in PBS you will be hosed beyond your wildest nightmares. The reason they haven't exercised the cornhole feature yet, is they need everybody onboard and playing before the engage the cornholing feature. If you don't have vacation and sick time accrual increases you will find that your vacations will be drastically shorter, with trips touching both sides of your vacation. Since PBS came onboard my vacations all have had this wonderful feature. Without transparency the company can adjust the flying without telling anyone, your schedule just increases to FAR limits with no recourse, except sick calling. You guys haven't enjoyed the full wrath of Brad yet, once he gets everything hammered down and in place he will get the game plan from the F&H head office and you will feel exactly what is possible. If you read your 10Q carefully you will find Ford & Harrison ( http://www.fordharrison.com/ ). SKYW Airlines pilots has had the dubious pleasure during multiple union drives. Watch this series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-0gxca-VxM the not so funny thig is you will see everything in the playbook almost exactly too a tee as described.
You junior guys who think PBS is the shiznit wait until those senior to you figger out how to bid effectively, I experience this every month and I am fairly senior in my base. I figgered out that bidding for a high paying local on either end of a decent paying 2 or 3 day yielded a 28+ hour work week, or adding one of those high paying local to an OK 4 day meant 3 5 day work blocks a month. Problem is the guys senior to me saw what some of us were doing and jumped on the band wagon, I am now back doing 22 hr 4 day trips with the occasional 18 beauty thrown in. Message is PBS in any form is a concession, otherwise why would management want it so bad? If they want it, ask yourself whats their angle. In SKYW's case it means they want ultimate control of your schedule, do you want to give it to them blindly?

Union Buster = anti-communist

Union Buster = anti-communist
Without a CBA you are at the mercy of management.
I am not sure how union=communism, quite the contrary, it is the coming together of a particular category of worker, communism is a comprehensive lumping together of all workers. If ones intellect only allows the 20 second attention span that the majority of America has, then by all means continue with the shallow O'Reilly inspired half thinks. If for one second you do not think that the upper management of all the airlines don't exchange ideas and plans, you should stick to the 20 second sound byte and wonder why that PBS sounded good for those 20 seconds, but sucks month after month. Allowing the company to have that level of control over your life is madness, and if one must allow PBS on the Titanic at least maintain control of the orchestra and arrangement of the deck chairs.
PBS works well for 2 small groups, 1_management and 2- the most senior pilots. To the junior guys who thinking that they control their days off with PBS, it holds true only if the guys who are senior to you don't want said days off.
The only pilot group who truly control their destiny are the LUV guys, ask someone who knows how their system works. Anytime you allow management unfettered access to your schedule they will manipulate it to their advantage. I implore someone who has a vested interest to peruse the SKYW/ASA 10Q for the fine print showing F&H line item, I know its there but want you to find it for your self. You guys are playing with the ultimate puppet masters and don't even realize it yet.

If mgmt wants something so badly, ask yourself, "Why?" Anything mgmt wants usually comes at the pilot's expense.

Both sides need to work together and hammer out this contract maturely and professionally. Get the work rules figured out first. Then work on the bidding system. If we work together, we'll have a kick-ass contract and a powerful pilot group.

SKYW is the master of divide and conquer, it is the essence of the F&H playbook, ignore at your own peril.

What airline are you employed by and who is your Union?

PBS has been an improvement to QOL

Latest resources

Back