• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For the CRJ pilots at XJET

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Indeed, the only people who want to stay at regionals are those who are too weird or have a sketchy past to make anything but a lateral move by leaving.. See JoeMerchant, Freebrd, Clutch,etc. My point is, Skywest is better off than ASA/XJT/SureJet and you don't have corrupt shills intercepting your hard-earned wages.

there fixed it for you chump, and btw I ain't staying here any longer than I have to, just waiting for that great hiring wave to begin, surf on chump

Jason does an outstanding job, we need all the reps to be like that. I should also add that AH (atl f/o rep) has always returned my call. Ironically one of the communication committee guys is running for ATL f/o rep. If we can't seem to get but 1 email a month now, I can't imagine how difficult it would be to contact him if he were a rep.

I believe they put their phone numbers and email addresses on the Connections and posters. Have you even bothered to call him or are you content to gripe on an anonymous web board? By the way, while there could have been more, there has been THREE Connections by my count. Granted I didn't get my calculator out so my math may be a bit off.

From listening to this XJT vs. ASA fight, it appears to me the battle is over seniority.

It's simple. ASA has always valued seniority in their bidding and workrules, and XJT has designed systems that mitigate it for the betterment of the junior/midlevel pilots. Whichever view is right probably depends on where you fit on the list.

That's what this PBS battle is about. Flightline honors seniority almost to a fault (in fact, it was designed this way because most PBS's logic does not honor it one way or the other), while SmartPref will not honor seniority at all times if a better overall solution is generated (zero open time).

The one thing about seniority is that it does improve with time. Those that are junior should ask themselves if they will still be a supporter of the system once they invariably become senior.

I think it's fair to say that flightline software does not honor seniority, it honors seniority AND credit.

Allow me to demonstrate:

Pilot A in the bottom 5% of his seat in base would be holding reserve if the reserve lines are awarded to the most junior. However, with vacation, he now has 28:00 pre assigned credit hours. This assists him in reaching the bottom of the window using FlightLine's "vacation low" option to hold a schedule. He continues to hold a line the subsequent month by picking up a trip with three days carryover prior to the bidding window opening. Now Pilot A has enough credit to have a line for following month. However, pilot B, who is senior to pilot A, has 0:00 of preassigned credit each month, and does not have enough hours to reach the bottom of the window. This same is true during training months. How does that scenario honor seniority all the time? Why does a pilot with a lower seniority number continue to use the system the way it was designed and reach the necessary credit hours and fly a line pilot schedule?

So please, kindly learn how the system works and desist from spouting these erroneous claims at how the FlightLine option is a pure seniority system.

Last edited:
I will venture that virtually every pilot at ASA has no clue as to who and what they are up against

Not so. And, respectfully, I would submit that the epaulette-ed side of the table has enormous potential.

You are playing in an arena that has been in place since the days of the early Airmail Pilots. And you knows what happens to those who fail to study history......
Ignore at your own peril.[/QUOTE]

Frustration: Not sharing a unified goal, with incremental objectives to define our progress...

I think it's fair to say that flightline software does not honor seniority, it honors seniority AND credit.

Allow me to demonstrate:

Pilot A in the bottom 5% of his seat in base would be holding reserve if the reserve lines are awarded to the most junior. However, with vacation, he now has 28:00 pre assigned credit hours. This assists him in reaching the bottom of the window using FlightLine's "vacation low" option to hold a schedule. He continues to hold a line the subsequent month by picking up a trip with three days carryover prior to the bidding window opening. Now Pilot A has enough credit to have a line for following month. However, pilot B, who is senior to pilot A, has 0:00 of preassigned credit each month, and does not have enough hours to reach the bottom of the window. This same is true during training months. How does that scenario honor seniority all the time? Why does a pilot with a lower seniority number continue to use the system the way it was designed and reach the necessary credit hours and fly a line pilot schedule?

So please, kindly learn how the system works and desist from spouting these erroneous claims at how the FlightLine option is a pure seniority system.

That's very interesting. But you do know that there's two counters to that that get used;

1) You don't anything of which you speak, you don't have knowledge of the system. When that happens to a senior bidder it's because he didn't know how to bid and NOT based on having to meet a credit window or preassigned credits for the junior pilot. It honors seniority all the time every time. Or

2) Yes, that does indeed happen. But it's ok to bypass seniority because it allows the junior pilot to enjoy his vacation. By not honoring seniority. So why should a senior pilot bear the expense of a junior pilot getting the pairings to meet the credit widow? Doesn't sound like it honors seniority.

Jason does an outstanding job, we need all the reps to be like that. I should also add that AH (atl f/o rep) has always returned my call. Ironically one of the communication committee guys is running for ATL f/o rep. If we can't seem to get but 1 email a month now, I can't imagine how difficult it would be to contact him if he were a rep.

Hi. How are you?

Have you called the number on the bottom of my poster? Have you responded to one of the three Connection e-mails (just this month, out of maybe 15-20 I have produced this year) that I have produced and sent out to the pilot group by clicking on my e-mail address at the bottom?

It's funny how many times I encounter pilots who are happy with the job I have done. Rejuvinating our pilot-to-pilot communication program, developing and administrating our facebook page (which, I would like to see our pilots actually leaving COMMENTs so that I can bring them to the MEC/LEC or respective committees - but I can't force guys to take an active role in our Association), and changing the frequency and content of the Connection e-mails. In addition to a number of items I am working on behind the scenes to help improve and keep a live stream of information coming to you, the people I work for.

It's also funny how often I encounter someone and I have a great face to face conversation and remind them that I am available by e-mail and phone, largely, at any hour of the day. And, oddly enough, they CALL. What a concept. I want to hear from YOU, the pilots.

Over two years ago I came into the MEC office with an axe to grind as a line
pilot...I wanted to see communications that addressed issues on MY mind as a line pilot...and that philosophy is exactly what I try to provide. I need your help to accomplish this though. I need you to contact me, I need you to contact your LEC reps and run things through the chain or through the appropriate committee. You reference AH in your post. It was AH who encouraged me and brought me into the office to talk with DN and RB and it was AH (and the help of other elected reps) who gave me the opportunity to do the work I do for our pilot group in the communication capacity.

Feel good because it was your post, attacking me, that made me finally drop $10 on a lifetime membership to this forum. I'm sure you would feel the same way when the work you are doing is being attacked by someone who has never once contacted you and is making a judgement on your work ethic or your availability to the pilot group. Test your theory out first.

Feel free to call me at the number listed on the poster or check your PMs for my personal phone number. Or, check the bottom of a connection for my e-mail and personal phone number.

Call me. I'll listen to your comments and maybe you'll give me a few minutes to layout my communication strategy I have been running for the past two years and some items I am working on. I'd love to hear from you - and any pilot.

Take care.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back