• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For the CRJ pilots at XJET

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hands down, PBS has enhanced my quality of life on all but one month since we started it. The one month was in the beginning, and before I figured out how to bid. My relative seniority has not changed since line bidding.

I believe going forward, we need to keep PBS and add additional tools to our ability to enhance our schedule. We need more control of trip construction. We need realistic reserve limits. We need the ability to just flat drop segments. If there is low coverage, then the day needs to automatically be placed at premium time. If the coverage gets further reduced, then raise the premium precentage. It should be cut and dry on Crew Trac. No more scheduling interaction. I think they should put reserve assignments on the board so senior pilots can pick them up if they are short. In short, let people work as much as they want, when they want. But, since these MEC does not want to poll me like the MEC did with the '07 contract, they don't know what I want. And I don't know what the choices are. I will not vote for any incumbents moving forward.

I want to believe that our MEC (ASA) has our best interest in mind. However, with the lack of communication and the lack of action on obvious contract violations, I can't be sure that they do. I'm starting to believe they are all auditioning for management jobs. I personally sent our chairman an email asking for more communication. He didn't even respond to the email.....

Our LEC in Dulles does a great job and are always there when you need them. Especially Jason. We need new leadership at the big house, or they need a wake up call.
Jason does an outstanding job, we need all the reps to be like that. I should also add that AH (atl f/o rep) has always returned my call. Ironically one of the communication committee guys is running for ATL f/o rep. If we can't seem to get but 1 email a month now, I can't imagine how difficult it would be to contact him if he were a rep.

Hands down, PBS has enhanced my quality of life on all but one month since we started it. The one month was in the beginning, and before I figured out how to bid. My relative seniority has not changed since line bidding.

I believe going forward, we need to keep PBS and add additional tools to our ability to enhance our schedule. We need more control of trip construction. We need realistic reserve limits. We need the ability to just flat drop segments. If there is low coverage, then the day needs to automatically be placed at premium time. If the coverage gets further reduced, then raise the premium precentage. It should be cut and dry on Crew Trac. No more scheduling interaction. I think they should put reserve assignments on the board so senior pilots can pick them up if they are short. In short, let people work as much as they want, when they want. But, since these MEC does not want to poll me like the MEC did with the '07 contract, they don't know what I want. And I don't know what the choices are. I will not vote for any incumbents moving forward.

Those would all be great ideas if we could generate our own revenue and figure out a way to pay for all that. As it is we have a fixed income and a tight budget we need to live within. I'm all for a better QOL, but not at the expense of my company going TU.

My take away from their report is that other than globalization, all their other concerns can be resolved and some of them are being resolved because they were some of the same concerns the XJT scheduling guys had. As for globalization itself, there are things that can mitigate that that we would probably want anyway, such as leaving a certain percentage of open time left over at the end of the solution, composite lines, etc.

ASA pilot here..... DONT WANT SMARTPREF. Since we started using flightline i have run into exactly 1 person who didn't like it. SMARTPREF = FAIL---globalization = fail. If you want SMARTPREF so badly then negotiate it into the ERJ side and keep it. if its worth so much more to you, then tell company you will take $2 an hour less to use smartpref. CRJ people i have spoken with happy with flightline and not interested in using 1 penny in negotiating capital to switch to smartpref

Last edited:
ASA pilot here..... DONT WANT SMARTPREF. Since we started using flightline i have run into exactly 1 person who didn't like it. SMARTPREF = FAIL---globalization = fail. If you want SMARTPREF so badly then negotiate it into the ERJ side and keep it. if its worth so much more to you, then tell company you will take $2 an hour less to use smartpref. CRJ people i have spoken with happy with flightline and not interested in using 1 penny in negotiating capital to switch to smartpref

As professionals, who is against looking at all the products available and making the best decision from the facts? Why is there such animosity to asking the tough questions? Has anyone asked what does flight line need to improve upon, or change?

Good luck with that. We're bigger, we have more pilots to vote, and our pilots support and believe Steve Mcknight. He's one of the hardest working most selfless pilots at L-Xjt. The majority of us feel this way about the guy. Nobody suspects him of being in bed with mgmt... The CRJ guys I've known for years don't trust their people like we trust ours......

All I'm saying is you're not going to keep us divided, mgmt wants us as one group. Hell even if all the CRJ pilots say they want something and vote accordingly, if the ERJ pilots think another way and vote another way we win every time...... That is if our guys actually vote.

There is something to be said that one side refuses to admit to researching, then waiting even longer to publish its findings to the constituents, while the other has published its findings almost a year ago? If you don't stop to ask that then you should ask what is each side's motivation.

Out of curiosity, to which contract violations are you referring?

Denial of trades due to lack of coverage. In IAD we require 8 reserves almost everyday, we have not once had 8! It's in our contract that the company will properly staff the airline. Are we? It's getting better, but still not right. Other issues with scheduling come and go. Since we have a constant turn over in that department, they never seem to learn the contract and rely on thugs like hank. Believe it or not, my main beef is with our union. This lack of communication is rediculous! I don't care if there is anything to report or not, put out an email that says "hey guys, nothing new. Just keeping you in the loop." It's sad when we hear from management more than from our union. How do we get the slackers out of the MEC? They are voted in by the LEC correct? Do we start there, or do we just start demanding that David N. step down?

Good luck with that. We're bigger, we have more pilots to vote, and our pilots support and believe Steve Mcknight. He's one of the hardest working most selfless pilots at L-Xjt. The majority of us feel this way about the guy. Nobody suspects him of being in bed with mgmt... The CRJ guys I've known for years don't trust their people like we trust ours......

All I'm saying is you're not going to keep us divided, mgmt wants us as one group. Hell even if all the CRJ pilots say they want something and vote accordingly, if the ERJ pilots think another way and vote another way we win every time...... That is if our guys actually vote.

Vote in smartpref, an unproven system, be miserable and live with it. Most of us will be gone anyway.

But prefbid is proven and has almost 100% satisfaction. If it was bad don't you think we'd be anxious to get rid of it? And don't pull the asa pilots drink the koolaid line. Asa pilots have never given in to mgmt. if prefbid sucked we would be on board with you.

If you're dumb enough to go for smartpref, then you deserve the consequences. I say let the erjs have smartpref and the crjs keep prefbid. See who's happier.

Latest resources

Back