• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For the CRJ pilots at XJET

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What airline are you employed by and who is your Union?

PBS has been an improvement to QOL

Skywest Airlines 15+ years, and multiple union drives in the past to no avail, because against the concerted efforts of F&H and SKYW, both who have a pathological hatred of unions, currently unrepresented.
I will venture that virtually every pilot at ASA has no clue as to who and what they are up against. I personally have watched everything that the Confessions of a Union Buster video detailed used, against the pilots and F/As at SKYW airlines, it was almost comical in the scripting and execution, exactly as Martin Jay Levitt, Union Buster describes. You are playing in an arena that has been in place since the days of the early Airmail Pilots. And you knows what happens to those who fail to study history......
Ignore at your own peril.

Last edited:
And yet, Skywest is the most sought after regional job.

What do you do with your 2% that isn't stolen out of your paychecks? Something fun I hope

And yet, Skywest is the most sought after regional job.

What do you do with your 2% that isn't stolen out of your paychecks? Something fun I hope

Huh, you wouldn't know it from the quantities of empty seats in the new hire classes, no shows can approach 25%. 6+ year upgrade into the EMB/reserve? Most sought after regional job is kinda like the best strain of Herpes, If I wasn't in my position I would be working anywhere but in the regional side of the industry, and yes my UAL app was filled out days ago. That's right $31.00 an hour, no medical benefits for 6 months, and a commute to Guam looks like a better future than mine at SKYW.

Last edited:
Indeed, the only people who want to stay at regionals are those who are too weird or have a sketchy past to make anything but a lateral move by leaving.. See JoeMerchant, Freebrd, etc. My point is, Skywest is better off than ASA/XJT/SureJet and you don't have corrupt shills intercepting your hard-earned wages.

I warned the ASA guys about Brad H. in the past, and they said I was right, it was experience being passed on, nothing more. Am I unhappy at SKYW, not really in the top 20%, PBS is OK for me, I make a fair wage, but I recognize it for what it is, a job that has drifted into a career, but I am a realist and when the writing on the wall says its time to move on, I freely admit that I was using SKYW the same as they were/are using me, I collect a paycheck and they get their planes moved from A to B. Its just business, nothing more, my loyalty is to my family, my company is just a job, they get 100% while I am there and when I am not, I don't care what happens, if they cancel flights because I am not willing to come in on my day off, they should consider 3X pay, because my house is at minimum staffing.

The 2%, is far less than the 10,000 a year in missing bonus checks, so if you consider the 2%, from 10,000=$8,000 loss, the beer and hooker fund is a little light.

Indeed, the only people who want to stay at regionals are those who are too weird or have a sketchy past to make anything but a lateral move by leaving.. See JoeMerchant, Freebrd, etc. My point is, Skywest is better off than ASA/XJT/SureJet and you don't have corrupt shills intercepting your hard-earned wages.
The corrupt shills are in St George, Skywest may be better off today, but since chimp has started using the corncob without lube, that will affect their ability to staff the airline, 15+ years and I am on my way out, I imagine that 90% of the F/Os will be gone if the 1000TPIC is eliminated. Go to your local GA airport and find a flight school and check it out, ghost towns unless they are training foreign students.

Wanna bet? The first time you will see smartpref live is if its voted in. We never saw flightline live until after it got voted in. We only played with Virgin Americas prior to voting. Flightline refused to commit programming cost until they had the contract and then it took months to do. Globalization marginalizes seniority. I have endured my time to achieve what little I have and have no intention of giving it up a schedule I could have had for what be fit better with someone Jr. You might want to rethink your position.

We have to go forward with contract rules that work for us when we are perpetually short staffed. Globalization would be great for the company and the Jr peps. I do not want a schedule where every month your doing what fits best for the company. Sorry.

You'll lose that bet because it is going live without any vote. Management has already signed an agreement with Crewing Solutions and programming has been going on for months. It will go live next month, I believe.

So if it's as bad as you say, we'll want out of it and the only way to do that would be through a JCBA. So why all the fuss?;)

Last edited:
From listening to this XJT vs. ASA fight, it appears to me the battle is over seniority.

It's simple. ASA has always valued seniority in their bidding and workrules, and XJT has designed systems that mitigate it for the betterment of the junior/midlevel pilots. Whichever view is right probably depends on where you fit on the list.

That's what this PBS battle is about. Flightline honors seniority almost to a fault (in fact, it was designed this way because most PBS's logic does not honor it one way or the other), while SmartPref will not honor seniority at all times if a better overall solution is generated (zero open time).

The one thing about seniority is that it does improve with time. Those that are junior should ask themselves if they will still be a supporter of the system once they invariably become senior.

SKYW is the master of divide and conquer, it is the essence of the F&H playbook, ignore at your own peril.

When I said "both sides", I was referring to the pilot groups (XJet & ASA). Our union reps cannot seem to act like professionals and make progress. Our reps are playing right into mgmt's hands. Communication from the ASA reps is nil. We hear what they (Union reps) want us to hear and have us all fired up, pilot vs pilot.

I have been on both sides of the fence (L-XJet & ASA...thanks to 9/11). Both pilot groups are great people. But the pilot groups need to know what is really going on, not hearsay from our "reps".

Latest resources

Back