Bewbies
[FONT=&quot]Just FYI[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]------------------
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]XJT MEC Alert[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]September 23, 2012[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Recently the ASA MEC sent out PBS White Paper outlining the results of their research on PBS. There is a lot of good information about both systems and we respect their right to do what they feel is best for their pilots. However, there is some inaccurate and misleading information and we feel the need to clear it up for our pilots who have seen the paper. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As we have previously stated in our own research, we were able to do parallel bid runs with our line bidding system, ASA’s Flightline system and Crewing Solutions’ SmartPref system. We conducted those tests with the same pairings across each system to determine the advantages and disadvantages of each. To date, the ASA group has not conducted the same testing. The programming of the ASA test environment in SmartPref was not fully completed when they abandoned their testing. Although we respect their opinion, we are at a loss to determine how they were able to evaluate a system without actually using it to see the results. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Most importantly, the White Paper commentary is comparing a system with negotiated work rules to a system that is the base model without any work rules. From the beginning we have stated many times that a system is only as good as the work rules negotiated. Comparing a system with zero rules programmed to a system with contractual enhancements is not a true comparison at all. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Finally, the SmartPref product by Crewing Solutions does have a customer. They have an agreement with ExpressJet Airlines. We will use this product to enhance that quality of life for our phase 2 pilots and gather further information on PBS and how it COULD enhance all of our quality of life WITH the proper work rules. The SmartPref system has the capability to achieve desired results – for the pilots AND the Company. In furtherance of that goal, we will be in the EWR crew room again next week on Tuesday demonstrating and training for the upcoming roll out of SmartPref in phase 2.[/FONT]

I want to believe that our MEC (ASA) has our best interest in mind. However, with the lack of communication and the lack of action on obvious contract violations, I can't be sure that they do. I'm starting to believe they are all auditioning for management jobs. I personally sent our chairman an email asking for more communication. He didn't even respond to the email.....

Our LEC in Dulles does a great job and are always there when you need them. Especially Jason. We need new leadership at the big house, or they need a wake up call.

As long as we have some version of PBS, what's the problem? I just don't want to go back to line bidding.

Are you sure about that? Have you asked pilots at other airlines such as Continental or Skywest what they think of their PBS?

[FONT=&quot]
As we have previously stated in our own research, we were able to do parallel bid runs with our line bidding system, ASA’s Flightline system and Crewing Solutions’ SmartPref system. We conducted those tests with the same pairings across each system to determine the advantages and disadvantages of each. To date, the ASA group has not conducted the same testing. The programming of the ASA test environment in SmartPref was not fully completed when they abandoned their testing. Although we respect their opinion, we are at a loss to determine how they were able to evaluate a system without actually using it to see the results.[/FONT]

Just curious, during the parallel bid runs, were pilots able to select their own preferences on each system, or was your committee selecting preferences that they thought each pilot would have selected themselves?

I am glad that both sides are fired up about this still, hopefully it means when we finally get a TA we will have what is best for both groups. I for one, as well as most everyone that I know, has been extremely happy with Flightline. I know yall say that it doesn't work with your work rules, however, in the joint contract, the work rules will be different for both groups. We need whichever system can work best with our negotiated language.

Are you sure about that? Have you asked pilots at other airlines such as Continental or Skywest what they think of their PBS?

AOS PBS, pure mystery, 100% magic, add no contract, and the cheapest(and not in a nice way) company in the industry, you will hope and bid for what you think is reasonable, and the company will run the bid, then add leftovers titled CN to your schedule. Run don't walk from anything SKYW offers/agrees to. Unless you retain total control of the run and results, Brad and his pack of IT/SS mutant midgets will pervert anything that they can touch. Ask yourself this question, how good has the company been with IT, in the past? Add magic, curtains and greed together and ask yourself, can this train wreck be any worse?
Without transparency you are doomed.
I am in the top 25% and cannot get consistent results, and that is with the assistance of several PBS buddies assisting. When they all say, "I don't know why it did that" that's bothersome.

Latest resources

Back