• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For the CRJ pilots at XJET

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Could someone from the ERJ side explain in simple terms, why...

1. You seem to have been against PBS from the start.
2. You cannot come to terms with the fact that the overwhelming majority CRJ pilots are very happy with our PBS system.
3. You are not willing to help build on that with improved work rules in a new JCBA.

And finally....the real kicker.....

4. You now tout a PBS system that has globalization, a really dumb idea!

It is simply baffling to the CRJ pilots why you cannot figure this out. Perhaps a better idea would be for SKYW just to keep you guys separated from the ASA side. It seems likely we will never agree.

We are against PBS from the start because any form of it is a major concession from what we currently have. You guys like it over your old line bidding because you didn't have the work rules we have.

Our current work rules are not compatible with PrefBid. There are no improvements that could be made to PrefBid that we would find acceptable. As a result, our MEC has found a system that is somewhat compatible, as long as the proper work rules were implemented.

The same rules can be applied to prefbid.

So if we were happier with smartpref, you would rather go to our currently line biding system? I don't honestly think the XJT MEC is trying to make sure PBS goes away. You give them too much credit. If they didn't want PBS, they don't other than the line bidding system we have now, they don't have to do ANYTHING!

With prefbid I get three four day trips a month with 18 days off and a block of 7-10 days off each month. On vacation months I do 2 4-day trips and get 20 days in a row. And you don't have to be real senior to do it if pairings are credited high enough and the company is fair with the credit window.

No, I don't want globalization. It's an inferior system.

So if we were happier with smartpref, you would rather go to our currently line biding system? I don't honestly think the XJT MEC is trying to make sure PBS goes away. You give them too much credit. If they didn't want PBS, they don't other than the line bidding system we have now, they don't have to do ANYTHING!

Id want to run them side by side. Why don't you guys?

There is something to be said that one side refuses to admit to researching, then waiting even longer to publish its findings to the constituents, while the other has published its findings almost a year ago? If you don't stop to ask that then you should ask what is each side's motivation.

They have, several times. The ASA MEC has not.

The ONLY 2 posts that really matter here.

And if I'm not mistaken, the L-ASA side tested the system without ANY workrules to control the parameters, is that correct?

A couple of points.

First and most important, there will be no practice runs with different bidding systems before a TA vote. You will only get to practice the system voted in. Then, it will not be very good represention if people choose not to play.

Second, xjt mec wants to embrace a globalization system is to protect there "relative junior" pilots. I know full well we have not negotiated anything with seniority lists. But, it is in managements and the more junior group's interest to marginalize seniority benefits. If you create a system that does that, then you don't need to fight as hard in list integration.

Latest resources

Back