• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For AMR, a Pilot-Salary Fight Looms

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unless ,that is, if you were a 15 yr Captain at TWA then you are furloughed and are NOT making anything. I cant wait for APA to call a strike.......ya go for it.

so let me get this straight. AA buys TWA out of BK, saves your jobs, and you want to cross the line when they try to fight for a new contract? No wonder you guys are hated over there...

TWA went into BK in order for the deal to go through. The day it was announced Carty and Compton made that point clear. We were not in BK when AA and TWA announced the deal.

Can of worms, prepare to be opened.

so let me get this straight. AA buys TWA out of BK, saves your jobs, and you want to cross the line when they try to fight for a new contract? No wonder you guys are hated over there...
"Save Jobs" most of us have been furlough for 4 plus years, so I dont even think there will be a line to cross. Why would anyone hate someone for saving 2500 plus jobs, time to get your data straight dude?

Has anyone seen that ESPN commercial where the guy is talking sports out of his a$$? That's how it looks when V70T5 talks about the TWA/AA deal.

Dude, you clearly have no clue whatsoever. Might I suggest you zip it until a thread that you know something about comes along.

PIPE

The airlines don't care about "qualified and experienced". They just want someone who will work for the lowest pay and won't bitch about it.

Exactly. Shortage of "clean" and highly-qualified pilots? Probably. Shortage of folks that meet the mins and willing to do just about anything to fly something big and shiny? No way.

From the VERY deep end of the furloughed pool, I wish all the APA'ers well in fighting the fight.

I can't believe the PUP hasn't been emphasized more. Guys are hacked because management's hand is in our pockets rooting around, and it's not our junk they're grabbing, it's out wallets. The pay we gave up years ago is somehow, magically, ending up in their swollen bank accounts as yet another round of "bonuses" for their oh so hard work. I'm out a quarter million since 2002 when you look at my W-2's. I hope that cash at least has bought a manager something cool like a nice sailboat. When I'm yet again overhead Miami towards Caracas, and another night in Chavez-Land, I can look down on my boat cruising the Caribbean, and pretend I'm on it - choking the life out of the ba$tard and dumping his corpse overboard to feed the sharks.

We're REALLY pissed. Watch out in April.

Wonderfully written......If all the limp d$cks in this industry would read that 10 or 12 times then we might be able to restore this profession. Unfortunately the proud aviators of the past who recognized the tremendous responsibility of this profession now seem to be outnumbered by those who are just happy to fly a cool plane around and live paycheck to paycheck....Too many are all too willing to subsidize weak manangement with rock bottom wages....

From the VERY deep end of the furloughed pool, I wish all the APA'ers well in fighting the fight.

I hope the ramp-up continues and you get back much sooner than you could hope for! TC

P.S.--All the "Natives" I ran into who were hired after the TWA deal was announced seemed like really great people. AMR HR must have FINALLY gotten it right... ;)

Ben,

Since you asked I won't vote for anything less than 5% raise EACH year of the contract and 10% 401k match with no upper limit. For starters. And the company is on the hook for retro pay since last August.

Gup

That's right Gup. Remember, the Pro/Conjob letter stated 3% raises. Sit back, relax and enjoy the flight.

Nevermind....

Deleted my post, tired of picking fights with TWA guys.

RIP.

Last edited:
Right from the AMR acquisition paly bbok....

TWA went into BK in order for the deal to go through. The day it was announced Carty and Compton made that point clear. We were not in BK when AA and TWA announced the deal.

Can of worms, prepare to be opened.

.....That is how AMR bought Air Virginia and made it American Eagle. AV declared BK and AMR bought it for pennies on the dollar. They didn't even have to paint the airplanes!!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back