• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For AMR, a Pilot-Salary Fight Looms

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA does have an unproductive, antiquated contract. It fits perfectly with AMR's antiquated bureaucracy and 1880's management style.

Why "give" AMR a more productive contract when much of the productivity will be wasted. AMR won't let go of the leash even if the pilots agreed to a SWA-style contract.

Example: AA says they have a high incidence of sick calls. They have a large number of trips in open time. Most pilots at most bases are not allowed to trade into trips that are in open time due to staffing shortages. Viola! AA has a large number of sick calls. They have been told WHY they have people calling in sick and they have been told how to solve it. But they won't.

It took a near bankruptcy for AA to adopt single engine taxi to save fuel (after a couple of years of former TWA management presenting statistics on fuel savings). The bureaucracy in Flight Ops. alone rivals the U.S. Government.

AMR has only to look across town for an example of how to run an effecient airline but they are blinded by their enmity toward their own employees.TC

Besides the AA pilots are still not content after giving away the China route to UAL.

I hope the ramp-up continues and you get back much sooner than you could hope for! TC

P.S.--All the "Natives" I ran into who were hired after the TWA deal was announced seemed like really great people. AMR HR must have FINALLY gotten it right... ;)

It just never stops, does it?

I'm sure if TWA bought AA, we all would have gotten DOH, I'm just sure of it.

TWA went into BK in order for the deal to go through. The day it was announced Carty and Compton made that point clear. We were not in BK when AA and TWA announced the deal.

Can of worms, prepare to be opened.

I get so weary of hearing this. OK, TWA was NOT in BK when AMR bought them. However, right before the aquisition, TWA aircraft couldn't divert to certain airports because the vendors wouldn't sell them fuel and crewmembers were asked by hotel workers to pay for their rooms with personal credit cards.

Deny it all you want, I have a good friend that was a captain there at the end that tells these stories.

Most ex-TWA guys I talk to live squarely in fantasyland.

Rc

It took a near bankruptcy for AA to adopt single engine taxi to save fuel (after a couple of years of former TWA management presenting statistics on fuel savings). The bureaucracy in Flight Ops. alone rivals the U.S. Government.

Pure genius! You're right, we had never heard of single-engine taxi until the ground-breakers at TWA showed us the way. You guys saved us!

We taxied on one engine in the 727 all the time. My current coworkers don't like taxiing in the 3-holer on TWO.

Spread that BS to the chumps on FI all you want, but the guys that were there (at both places) know the truth.

I hope the ramp-up continues and you get back much sooner than you could hope for! TC

P.S.--All the "Natives" I ran into who were hired after the TWA deal was announced seemed like really great people. AMR HR must have FINALLY gotten it right... ;)

Not feelin the love Bro.

Hey guys, take it easy on TC, he meant what he said in a good way. You guys need to learn to read between the "cyber" lines.

:D :D :D I figured that would draw you guys out of the woodwork! I almost edited the post to make it a little less antagonistic. But nooooooo... ;)

Ok, ok, how about "those Natives hired AFTER '90"? ;) ALRIGHT! How about "I judge each individual on their own merits"? That should keep me out of the Rule 32 Court.TC

P.S.--Hagar: Sorry, I didn't know about the 727. The statement about the two engine aircraft is true. Those in the AA training empire (yes, they have one as has every large airline--the dog has several tails wagging it) fought the single-engine taxi for the S80's and 757/767's for several years.

As you probably know, the proceedure for the 767 fleet has been altered because people were taxiing on one engine at too heavy a weight and getting FOD in the operating engine. I think they put a weight limit on the single-engine taxi proceedure.

Has anyone seen that ESPN commercial where the guy is talking sports out of his a$$? That's how it looks when V70T5 talks about the TWA/AA deal.

Dude, you clearly have no clue whatsoever. Might I suggest you zip it until a thread that you know something about comes along.

PIPE

your right, I don't... I just know I was hired by "American" and was placed on furlough before (junior) to all of the TWA pilots that are now bitching about their situation. Do you really think the 2500 on the street was a part of the plan, or do you think 9/11 and the economic downturn had anything to do with that? Or maybe it was a conspiracy by the APA to screw the TWA guys?

I'm outta here...

Latest resources

Back