Flying with a jackA$$!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone want to trade jobs?
Yes ... and I'm in NC, oddly enough, so you won't have to move.

You can sit in my office and test software, manage projects and people, and work with clients. It's not a bad job, and I truly love the people I work for and with. Even with my paycuts over the past few years, the pay's still probably more than you make as an FO in the Southeast, so it'll be a bit of a raise. We've gotten some of the cuts back recently.

And I'll gladly fly with the pu$$y in the Excel. Wait'll he gets a taste of my Rental Skyhawk Master skills in a mid-sized business jet. I'll learn his @ss 'bout turb-lence! :D

When should we expect you in your new office, and when's my next trip with Captain Pansy-@ss?

Minh

Last edited:
say again said:
It's a Citation Excel.

Anyway, I'll be looking out the window and hear the A/P bells going off. I asked, "why the heck did u turn it off?" He says he feels "more in control" when he's flying. He's a scared pilot. That's the mentality of this guy. I really have to "babysit" for this idiot. He later classified the turb. as being ALMOST severe! Anyone want to trade jobs?

The resume is updating as we speak. Anyone know of jobs in NC???

Are you flying with the guy I fly with? Is he left-handed too? Someone is cloning these idiots.

I think LR25 is right the best way is approching him and let him know also tell him about the others that agre with you but were afraid to tell him.
Thrust me I did that twice in my lifetime aviation (18 years) and worked both times and in one case the captain (master) only wanna fly with me as his FO.
So direct approach is always the short way for a landing on time.

What really sucks is that we are dealing with people who are not allowed to drink on the job. The general stress of flying and dealing with passengers brings out a persons real personality. If they had a few they probably could control thir behavior better.

What is most challenging is that when it is his "leg" then I don't get to relax because I have to double check everything he does.

I try to be extra nice as a captain becuase its alot easier that way to enjoy the flight and get home to who really matters my family.

I flew with a real a$$hole like that. He of course never did anything wrong and if something went wrong....of course it was my fault. Bad landing he would actually tell the Pax it was my leg!!! I have so many stories about this a$$hole it is unbeleivable.

I beleive he had a bit of an anger-management problem both in the cockpit and out. I hated to go out on the road with him. He would yell at waitresses...hotel management...hell I had to go around behind him apopoligizing for his behavior. One time he almost got his butt kicked by a guy half his age and twice his size at dinner. (He called the guys girlfriend a bitch for no reason) Man I wish that guy would have took him out back and knock some sense into him.

Anyway I told our DO and chief pilot about him numorous times and they assured me that he was on his way out. Well after a few more flights and him shooting staight through an ILS....(after I told him 3 times his needle was alive and that he needed to turn inbound).....and almost running off the end of the runway. I told the DO that I would never fly with him again. They tried to get me to fly with him after a few weeks, but I told them no I didnt feel safe with him.

Best thing I ever did. Got hired by a diffrent company, better pay...better planes and better flight department!!! Now I just remind myself ever day not to be that guy. If I am in a bad mood...I just think well at least i dont have to fly with him again.....

I was flying co-pilot on a Citation with a captain like this. Thought he was God's gift to aviation, would spout off all his knowledge, etc...
He was actually a good stick, but annoying to be around.
Anyway, we had just got handed off to another controller with something like "Citation XXX, contact Center on 132.07" to which I read back "One Thirty-Two Oh Seven". He looks over at me with a disgusted look on his face and goes "There are no "ohs" in aviation, just Oscars and Zeros". I looked him sqaure in the eye and said "Oh.".
I never flew with him again.

I was just checking this thread to see if the guy I fly with had posted anything.
He did. But it was so scathing that UAL78 deleted his post and banned his IP for life. :(

Man ... that FO really doesn't like you, Lead. He also called you 'pencil-neck' for some reason.

Minh
:)D)

say again said:
I have to fly with this a$$hole for weeks and weeks and weeks straight. No relief in sight. This guy thinks he's freakin' Joe Pilot. He's afraid of turbulence, clouds, ice, wx, and traffic 2000' above or below. He can't land the plane for crap (of course it's the x-wind or some other "factor" not being his fault.) He cries to the chief pilot if things don't go his way, I'm sick of it. I've talked to the company about him, and EVERYONE agrees with me.

I just need to vent and let out my anger towards this a$$. How do others in my situation deal with idiots like this?? I just assume not talk to this guy anymore (*except for flying duties). It makes for a long trip, but I'll be happy.

BTW-we're both CAPT's. which makes things even worse.

Flew with one asshole in my career so far. After putting up with his $hit for about 2 days I got his punk ass told on the last leg home including giving him the opportunity to prove how much of a tough guy he could be once we arrived and shut down. Guy was nice, to me anyway, for the rest of his time with the company.
When I was and FO with the same company another captain we had, was a nice guy but had the worse case of Captainitis you'd ever witnessed. He was a total "ass" in the air. Even had his own SOP's. He was late for a show time and got in my ass cause "WE" weren't ready. It was one of those times when you wish you had just ate a big, raw onion cause I got dead in his face and said, "Look bitch, we're not late, you're late! I got here on time and did what I was supposed to do. Now, I'll be in the cockpit waiting for your to do your job so I can finish mine and pick up OUR clearance."

Regardless of the situation if someone's being an ass, do what you have to do to correct the problem be it getting in their face, complaining to management or even going to the extreme by dressing in a Ninja suit and jumping his ass out in the parking lot. Nobody likes an asshole. I take pride in the fact that my fellow FO's like flying with me. Lets check the egos at the door and have a good time flying.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back