Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
I have to fly with this a$$hole for weeks and weeks and weeks straight. No relief in sight. This guy thinks he's freakin' Joe Pilot. He's afraid of turbulence, clouds, ice, wx, and traffic 2000' above or below. He can't land the plane for crap (of course it's the x-wind or some other "factor" not being his fault.) He cries to the chief pilot if things don't go his way, I'm sick of it. I've talked to the company about him, and EVERYONE agrees with me.

I just need to vent and let out my anger towards this a$$. How do others in my situation deal with idiots like this?? I just assume not talk to this guy anymore (*except for flying duties). It makes for a long trip, but I'll be happy.

BTW-we're both CAPT's. which makes things even worse.

I've had some instructors like that. At my school we can't pick or change. I can't imagine haveing to spend all day with a guy like that though, for days on end.

Bummer, dude. Bummer....

Man that stinks! I had a instructor like that. The only subject he could be cool about was women. That's fine and all but when he tryed to teach he became joe pilot himself. I'm Like ahh this is my first time doing this. I told myself I could hang with this one but as time went by I just wanted to steep turn his A$$ out the side door. Yea maybe steep turn him Say Again. Good luck and I home he doesn't put you in a bad position with his macho attitude.

You'd think the HR people as well as others who interview and screen pilots would pick up on this and weed them out of potential hires. Guess thats the $64,000 question!!

get some separation--that's the only way to deal with it, other than the baseball bat method...which i wouldn't reccomend :)

say again said:
I just assume not talk to this guy anymore (*except for flying duties). It makes for a long trip, but I'll be happy.
I think you meant "I'd just as soon not talk..." to him anymore, since what you said makes absolutely no sense. Sorry, I'd normally let it go, but "another words" instead of "in other words" and other various butchering of the english language on these boards just makes me cringe. Sorry, I know in some ways it makes me look like more of a tool than you, but I just can't help it!:D

Anyway, now that I'm off my soap box, flying with human excrement is part of this job, probably the worst part. Avoid any unnecessary contact and look forward to the time when you can fly with someone else. It sounds like you have the right idea, if you can't have a reasonable, pleasant conversation with the guy, read your magazine, turn of your hot mike, and to entertain yourself look forward to the stories you'll tell everyone else about him! That way, the worse he is, the better your story. Look for the silver lining. I can still remember with excruciating detail some of the stuff I've heard from "interesting" captains.

Bluto said:
I think you meant "I'd just as soon not talk..." to him anymore, since what you said makes absolutely no sense. Sorry, I'd normally let it go, but "another words" instead of "in other words" and other various butchering of the english language on these boards just makes me cringe. Sorry, I know in some ways it makes me look like more of a tool than you, but I just can't help it!
http://members.fortunecity.com/wavjunky/swl-g/getalife.wav

Latest resources

Back